What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

I alternate between a larger clip knife (Benchmade Monochrome) and two smaller knives (Opinel No.5 and a Case Peanut) depending on my attire. I keep a SAK Tinker in my briefcase.

Today, Boker Urban Trapper (Carbon Fiber), nice little knife IMO
proxy.php

I carry a Victorinox Classic SD. I don't typically need to cut large/tough stuff so this works well enough for me most of the time. The main issue I have is with the scales breaking. A set of scales shipped to me is almost as much as a new knife. And the Alox models don't have tweezers or a toothpick, which come in handy surprisingly often. I've picked up a few used but in good shape knives as back-ups. Might as well get something positive out of the TSA seizures I figured.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Picked up this "Gordon Challenger" knife at Harbor Freight for a $5.99 beater ... it gets great reviews!

G-10 scales and 8CR13MOV steel ... truly worth a look.

proxy.php

AA

image.jpg
Titanium Spyderco Squeak.
Covers

Of course now that I've decided to get one of these....they're discontinued!
Yeah of course they are! I sold mine, a bushcraft knife caught my eye so I funded it with the Bowie sale. Sweet folder though, I will probably regret it.

I’ve been carrying this mostly lately; it’s a Bradford guardian3 with M390 steel and micarta scales. Perfect EDC imo, I had another version of it and liked it so much I went with this because of the upgraded scales and steel. It’s about all I’ve carried since I bought it. KAD killer? Maybe.

That's a great EDC sized fixed blade. How do you carry it? I can't carry on my belt so stick to folders. I will occasionally stick a fixed blade in a pack or bag, but not as readily accessible obviously.

Here's some more M390 love for today - Reate Horizon D CF. Blade length at 3.75" is at the upper end of what I typically will carry in pocket. It's just such a nice piece though. Do get concerned about the anodized back spacer and pocket clip, since I've chipped other anodized coatings before. But I do carry what I buy, so I deal with it.

IMG_0029.JPG

image.jpg
That's a great EDC sized fixed blade. How do you carry it? I can't carry on my belt so stick to folders. I will occasionally stick a fixed blade in a pack or bag, but not as readily accessible obviously.

Here's some more M390 love for today - Reate Horizon D CF. Blade length at 3.75" is at the upper end of what I typically will carry in pocket. It's just such a nice piece though. Do get concerned about the anodized back spacer and pocket clip, since I've chipped other anodized coatings before. But I do carry what I buy, so I deal with it.

View attachment 853717
Nice Reate! See a lot of those popping up around other forums, I’ve never owned one but they are nice looking knives.

I carry the Bradford in an Armatus Carry sheath which is a large improvement on the leather sheath that it comes with. Keeps it at a cant and concealed nicely under my T-shirt. Fixed blade carry is legal here but people are weirded out by it I think so I like keeping it hidden.

That steel is interesting, the S110V. Never owned a knife with it. My take is it's not too different from S30V. I think Spyderco does a version of the Manix 2 using the S30V?

Always thought Spyderco knives are great value. My Sage 1 is a favorite of mine to carry.

That steel is interesting, the S110V. Never owned a knife with it. My take is it's not too different from S30V. I think Spyderco does a version of the Manix 2 using the S30V?

Always thought Spyderco knives are great value. My Sage 1 is a favorite of mine to carry.

From what I gather they’re quite similar. I’ve read that the 110 takes a bit more to sharpen but will hold an edge longer. My experience with it is only a few days so only time will tell.

Yep. The Manix 2 does come in S30V.

Yes, I’m very happy with it so far. I can see it becoming a favourite very quickly. Glad you enjoy yours. Cheers.

Top Bottom