What's new

Top Secret (Lanolizado) Shaving Cream

This is a shout out to not only a great cream but also a great vendor. Everyone who has done business with Phil at Bull Goose knows he provides superb customer service. If I place an order Saturday afternoon my east coast time, Phil (west coast) gets it off that day and it's on my doorstep Monday. His follow-up is excellent and you can count on him giving honest helpful advice. Good honest advice is no small thing. There may be vendors his equal but none better. Board veterans know about Phil but if you're a newbie relying on Amazon or Ebay do yourself a favor and check out BullGoose. I picked up the subject cream from Phil which is what prompted this gushing.

Like a lot of guys I don't use shaving creams that often and when I do, it's often for super-lathers. But occasionally when I'm in a rush I'll hop in the shower and need to do a 5 minute shave. Today was such a day; put a snurdle of the Lanolizado in my palm, loaded the Thater from there and had an instant beautiful face lather. Did a quick 2-pass with a Feather AS and had a great DFS in well under 5 minutes. The lanolin in the product may be what leaves your face feeling so great post-shave. I hadn't used this Portuguese cream before but I think it's replaced Speick as my goto for this kind of quick shave. It has a pleasant mild scent. I should add that I don't think there's a better (and safer) razor out there than the Feather for a rushed shave.

I will heartily second the praise for the Bull Goose! I just placed an order on Friday and it made it to my door on Monday, and I live in New England. I am currently on a Portugese obsession...Is there a particular cream/scent you can compare the Top Secret with? I just picked up some Veleiro, and I can't stop smelling it.

I will heartily second the praise for the Bull Goose! I just placed an order on Friday and it made it to my door on Monday, and I live in New England. I am currently on a Portugese obsession...Is there a particular cream/scent you can compare the Top Secret with? I just picked up some Veleiro, and I can't stop smelling it.
If you have an obsession for Portuguese goods I can heartily recommend ThePortugalOnlineShop.com. Good prices, nice selection of goods and quick shipping (at least to Sweden)!

I tried this cream tonight and I was amazed at how much lather it produces! It almost felt like a croap when I was lathering it up. Great scent of soapy goodness. Wonderful cushion and slickness. I can't recommend this shave cream highly enough!

I tried this cream tonight and I was amazed at how much lather it produces! It almost felt like a croap when I was lathering it up. Great scent of soapy goodness. Wonderful cushion and slickness. I can't recommend this shave cream highly enough!

I'm curious about this cream, what's the scent?

This is an amazing cream that I almost missed in Portugal because of the packaging. I bought the Lanolizado and brought it back to the apartment, then noticed "Top Secret" on the tube. Super dense, protective, slick, and moisturizing. It must be the lanolin that provides the moisturizing.

Here are my thoughts shortly after purchase:

Holy smokes. I didn't realize that the Confiança Lanolizado cream is Top Secret. I pulled this tube out this morning as it doesn't have a foil seal. Subtle scent, along the lines of a milk soap. No spice. A tight, moisturizing, protective lather that you'd suspect with a lanolin soap. My favorite so far, but it costs a little more. It is just under €5 and well worth it. Might get another tube. Italian Barber sells it for $8.99 before shipping. Love this cream!

100A8C4A-BFF7-479A-BA09-F9DF9214AF38.jpeg
Out of town travel shave. Took the good stuff with me!

Here are my thoughts shortly after purchase:

Holy smokes. I didn't realize that the Confiança Lanolizado cream is Top Secret. I pulled this tube out this morning as it doesn't have a foil seal. Subtle scent, along the lines of a milk soap. No spice. A tight, moisturizing, protective lather that you'd suspect with a lanolin soap. My favorite so far, but it costs a little more. It is just under €5 and well worth it. Might get another tube. Italian Barber sells it for $8.99 before shipping. Love this cream!
Italian Barbers shipping is very high though which sort of annoys me.

Just getting back to this great cream. I probably put off using it because I like it so much. Not going to put off using great products any more. Getting too old!

Top Bottom