What's new

Need Help Picking a Mustache Wax

I have a friend that likes to curl his stache and I’m trying to pick out a wax that he’ll enjoy. Any recommendations please let me know. He’s also not a member of this site either. Is there any wax at local stores that are good? Should I try West Coast Shaving etc. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay thanks

Firehouse Tacky is very good to keep the curls strong, if he wants a maximum hold he can also try Got to be Glued ultra, but it is actually a hair care product. Sets like cement though. Also Fawcetts works very well. Hope that helps

Firehouse Tacky is very good to keep the curls strong, if he wants a maximum hold he can also try Got to be Glued ultra, but it is actually a hair care product. Sets like cement though. Also Fawcetts works very well. Hope that helps

I see the Barron was downgraded to a Fokker. :sailor:

OMG I’ve seen Got to be Glued in my friends restroom but I’ve always thought of it as a hair gel. I haven’t asked him what he uses it for yet. Very helpful I will look into the other products. Thank you very much skypsyd

my pleasure, Proraso is good, as is dubs. Just depends on what type of hold and longevity he is looking for. Some guys even use the non-toxic Glue Sticks from elmers if they want it on the cheap

Firehouse Tacky is a good wax. It is harder to apply, as you need to soften it before applying.

Captain Fawcetts is also a good wax.

Lately I have been using petroleum based pomades. Murray's and Reuzel pomades. both are very good, easy to apply and hold all day. The Reuzel has a strong fruit/candy scent though.

I also forgot to mention Lockharts which is probably my favorite overall. As mentioned above the firehouse will need a bit of warming and or a hair dryer to get it pliable

this was the same list i was going to say.

i have been so happy with the Captain Fawcetts. talking to the owner this summer, i was told his wife worked on the Downton Abbey set and all of them ended up using his products. very cool.

Worth noting; waxes come in various shades depending on the composition/blend. If he has a gray/white stache lighter waxes will not stand out as much as darker blends.

As mentioned, some heat from a hairdryer will make application easier.

Tom

I also forgot to mention Lockharts which is probably my favorite overall. As mentioned above the firehouse will need a bit of warming and or a hair dryer to get it pliable

Thanks for your reply as well as the other members. My other question is I’ve been on several shaving sites like West Coast shaving, Italian Barber and I don’t see much of a selection of waxes. Do you guys recommend a particular website that focuses on mustaches.

Worth noting; waxes come in various shades depending on the composition/blend. If he has a gray/white stache lighter waxes will not stand out as much as darker blends.

As mentioned, some heat from a hairdryer will make application easier.

Tom

Ok thanks. He has a brown mustache.

Top Bottom