What's new

Polishing multi shade shoes

I've only ever owned black dress shoes.
But recently decided to get some much needed brown shose.

My question to you gentlemen is, what's the best way/ Products to use here.

The toe is a darker brown then the back.
IMG_4982.JPG

Perhaps it's just my screen, but on my end, the shoe looks like it just got a coat of wax on the front and the back is just lacking. It looks like if given the same coat of wax, the whole shoe color would unify.

What I tend to do with my shoes is a coloured leather cream and then some coloured polish on the toe cap. The entire shoe will darken over time.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sir, the manufacturer should have a cream in a shade of brown for these shoes. If he doesn't the safest option is to use a neutral one, as properly suggested above.

I think some light brown cream all over, with some high gloss neutral paste on the toe would look good on those.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I've only ever owned black dress shoes.
But recently decided to get some much needed brown shose.

My question to you gentlemen is, what's the best way/ Products to use here.

The toe is a darker brown then the back.
View attachment 848777

Nice shoes ... IMHO the shoes just have an extra layer of polish on the toe cap, making them appear darker. I'd go with one colour of polish for the whole shoes. Use a cream polish for the whole shoe, and if you want a really really shiny toe cap, layer on a wax polish for the toe cap after (either the same colour from the same maker, or clear polish.)

The best is Saphir Medal D'or.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Nice shoes ... IMHO the shoes just have an extra layer of polish on the toe cap, making them appear darker. I'd go with one colour of polish for the whole shoes. Use a cream polish for the whole shoe, and if you want a really really shiny toe cap, layer on a wax polish for the toe cap after (either the same colour from the same maker, or clear polish.)

The best is Saphir Medal D'or.

Doc, Saphir Medaille D'Or is the King of shoe polishes and most shoe experts consider it as the very best available.

However, there is a high quality Italian brand, almost unknown abroad, that is certainly worth mentioning: Prestige finest leather cream by Alfredo Carrea. Here in Italy it has an excellent reputation among our best shoe makers and cobblers. You should try it!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
However, there is a high quality Italian brand, almost unknown abroad, that is certainly worth mentioning: Prestige finest leather cream by Alfredo Carrea. Here in Italy it has an excellent reputation among our best shoe makers and cobblers. You should try it!

Since you are the one making the suggestion, I shall at the very least look into it's availability!

Thanks!

Top Bottom