What's new

Price for a Schick injector?

I was in an antique store today and they had a " Schick Eversharp Hyro Magic"
injector razor for $8. It has a black handle and gold metal and appeared to be in very good shape. Is that a good price?

I also saw a Superspeed with X date code in good shape as well for $5. The twist to open worked fine and closed tight. Is that about the going rate?

Really depends on where you buy. It's a pretty standard rate at some antique stores as they can be had at estate sales for next to nothing. People are finding however that DE razors are becoming more sought after and ebay is driving the price up. You have found some really nice scores.

If you want the Hydro-magic, I'd certainly pick it up for $8. You might find one cheaper somewhere but who knows when and if it would be in as good condition. If you find one on ebay, the shipping would undoubtedly make it cost more than that.

Of the several injector razors I've tried over the years, the Hydro-majic is my favorite. I used one for quite some time, back when they were fairly new on the market. The Hydro-magic feature makes them much easier to rinse clean.

Regards,
Tom

Living in Los Angeles, I would LOVE to be able to find those razors at those prices! Everything's higher here 'cuz prop people are always buying stuff up for movies--and the antique stores know it.

Those are much higher than Ebay and B&B prices. If you think you would like to try those razors snap them up. If you don't like them you can sell them very easily here on B&B. Consider passing on the good deal to your fellow members.

Living in Los Angeles, I would LOVE to be able to find those razors at those prices! Everything's higher here 'cuz prop people are always buying stuff up for movies--and the antique stores know it.

Same thing here in Northwest Louisiana. The movie industry is booming and prop departments keep the antique and thrift stores pretty bare of mid-century type stuff. I still buy anything I can find, but bargains are rare anymore.

Those are much higher than Ebay and B&B prices. If you think you would like to try those razors snap them up. If you don't like them you can sell them very easily here on B&B. Consider passing on the good deal to your fellow members.

You mean much "lower", right? :wink:

Naw, just not insanely higher. Course there is more than a post or two about that whole topic, eh?

I've been watching injector prices on eBay a lot recently as I have a case for which I'm trying to find the correct razor. The prices I've seen recently have been much higher than the $8 on Schick Injectors. They commonly go for anywhere from $20 to $40 plus. Some nice ones with cases and instructions are going for over $100! Take a quick look at completed auctions. I had no idea they were in that great a demand.

I'm currently using a Japanese Twin Schick blade in my vintage Eversharp-Schick (see pic). The fit is pretty good--I had no trouble loading the blade.

It is true that the twin blades clog easily--I use a used SE blade to clean the razor when I'm done.

But it's also true that those twin injectors give you a RIGHTEOUS shave. :biggrin:

Top Bottom