What's new

What style of facial hair do you have?

Handlebars, sometime western, and a goatee.
20170720_185048.jpg

Mine is a Commander Riker-style beard and mustache, neatly trimmed (though I unfortunately look nothing like him in any other respect):

JF_as_WR.jpg

I grew mine, as it happened, about 5-6 months before he popped up on Star Trek: The Next Generation with his.

Mine is a Commander Riker-style beard and mustache, neatly trimmed (though I unfortunately look nothing like him in any other respect):

View attachment 844221

I grew mine, as it happened, about 5-6 months before he popped up on Star Trek: The Next Generation with his.
Ah, the Riker beard that's a great look. I was too young to grow a beard while The Next Generation was running, and a little too young to have been watching it during the first season. When I started watching he already had the beard. I remember the first time I saw a re-run with him clean shaven I didn't even recognize him at first. Definitely a great decision for him to grow it.

Ah, the Riker beard that's a great look. I was too young to grow a beard while The Next Generation was running, and a little too young to have been watching it during the first season. When I started watching he already had the beard. I remember the first time I saw a re-run with him clean shaven I didn't even recognize him at first. Definitely a great decision for him to grow it.
When I first saw it, I thought it made him look like a tough U-Boat commander instead of the tall young Kirk-clone he'd been in Season One.

I've thought of going to the mustache and chin thing, the "circle beard" I think people call it here -- the Hans Gruber look. But if I didn't like it, regrowing the whole beard would be a major hassle. People at work would be asking, "What happened to your beard?" And I'd have more facial real estate to shave.

(Wait. That's not necessarily a bad thing.)

This picture was taken on Thanksgiving. The mustache hasn't changed much over the years, except for the coloration.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

View attachment 846744 All right, time to show off my first-ever solo mustache.

This picture was taken on Thanksgiving. The mustache hasn't changed much over the years, except for the coloration.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Great staches guys!
I've settled somewhere between beardstache and beard/epic mustache combo.View attachment 848349
Looks like a beard epic mustache combo to me!

Well, whatever you're doing it's working. I couldn't imagine ever getting mine that straight.
Straightening Iron. Small sized one. It's a bit of a Pain in the *** but works well. Beard oil to condition and beard balm to tame down the occasional uncooperative hairs.

Had a stache and goatee until 8 years ago and then grew a full beard. For about a year I maintained it at the biggest it was ever at which was this length...
WP_20160522_17_53_19_Pro (2).jpg
In June 2016, after constantly receiving negative comments, trimmed it to the length it was before growing it bigger and where its at today...
Brd.jpg

Top Bottom