What's new

Paradigm 17-4 SS razor

Everytime I read that a razor is so smooth but really efficient I say BS they must be shaving off peach fuzz. Tonight I have a new opinion. 1 1/2 day Grey beard growth.
Pre-shave proraso green
Soap proraso green
Wolf Whisker brush
Paradigm razor SS
Blade Gillette Red SS
First pass WTG. My first thought was here we go again smooth shave with zero blade feel, if not for the toast sound I thought I forgot a blade, when I rinse hardly any beard will be removed. WRONG! Took off nearly all the whiskers.
2nd pass XTG. Good sound and again no blade feel. If I would have stopped it would be DFS.
3rd pass ATG It was so smooth I even went across the grain on my neck, which for me is always difficult. Rinse, WOW cotton ball BBS.
IMHO this razor is amazing, beautiful look, shiny, great weight and the best DE First shave I have ever had. YMMV but I now believe a razor can be extremely smooth, easy to maneuver and give an awesome shave.

Nice. You'll have to post a picture!

From what I've seen/read, this looks like a fine razor.

2 more shaves in with the SS Paradigm and same results. I was worried the first shave was a fluke. Got DFS+ in 2 pass. 3rd pass was more touch up under jaw line and around Adam’s apple BBS again without irritation. It seems to hold the blade very rigid like the Timeless. Very

I am glad to hear that the Paradigm is working well for you. Here are a few pictures.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Does anyone have a take on the 17-4 compared to the Timeless .68 SB? I tried the Timeless on a pass around earlier this year and found that to be the smoothest shave I’ve had. However I’ve alwa wondered if it was just a touch too mild to be perfect for me. In comparison, the Timeless .95 OC irritated me if I used it twice in a row.

I know that @vtmax may have some thoughts on this, but didn’t know if others do as well.

Does anyone have a take on the 17-4 compared to the Timeless .68 SB? I tried the Timeless on a pass around earlier this year and found that to be the smoothest shave I’ve had. However I’ve alwa wondered if it was just a touch too mild to be perfect for me. In comparison, the Timeless .95 OC irritated me if I used it twice in a row.

I know that @vtmax may have some thoughts on this, but didn’t know if others do as well.

I only shaved with my Paradigm 17-4 today for the first time and am quite pleased. The shave was smooth, comfortable, and efficient. I really enjoyed using it and it has quickly become one of my favorites. I would say it's more efficient than the Timeless .68 and closer to the .95. In terms of fit and finish, it equals Timeless and Wolfman.

IMHO the Paradigm shaves as smooth as the .68 but has the efficiency of the .95. The finish is very good, however, I would not put it equal to a Wolfman the bottom of my top cap is not fully polished. I am not complaining as I love this razor, but it is not a Wolfman finish.

Hey I love Timeless and it delivers best de shave on par with straight BUT it can’t hold a candle to Wolfman produced razors re fit, finish and obsessive attention to perfection. Facts are facts. I own both

Okay I'm over exaggerating with the Paradigm's finish being equal to Wolfman. I never believed in all the Wolfman hype until I finally got one. It is a flawless razor. But I think the Paradigm definitely equals the Timeless as the underside of both razors aren't polished like the Wolfman. With regards to shave quality the Paradigm is excellent and I have no regrets in purchasing it.

Okay I'm over exaggerating with the Paradigm's finish being equal to Wolfman. I never believed in all the Wolfman hype until I finally got one. It is a flawless razor. But I think the Paradigm definitely equals the Timeless as the underside of both razors aren't polished like the Wolfman. With regards to shave quality the Paradigm is excellent and I have no regrets in purchasing it.
Totally agree! The paradigm is one great razor. Perfect weight and balance for me. Great irritation free shave, very shiny, and I actually really like the handle. I have used it a dozen times now and still think it is an awesome razor.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Paradigm 17-4 is not standard threading? I can't put either my Timeless or Wolfman handles on it. This is the big sticking point for me. Want to like the razor but I'm not happy if I am limited to handle choice.

NOT standard threading.

Ikon handles do fit. Luckily I love the 17-4 handle supplied. The 80mm is perfect and it’s perfect in use (for me) but I can see some might like longer options.

@bobmsp In use the 17-4 is easily as smooth as the Ti .68, more in line with the Rockwell 6S smoothness and as efficient as the .95 no question.

I also find the 17-4 a smoother and more satisfying shave than the two Wolfman’s I owned. They are perfectly designed razors but are overrated shavers imo.

@bobmsp In use the 17-4 is easily as smooth as the Ti .68, more in line with the Rockwell 6S smoothness and as efficient as the .95 no question.

I also find the 17-4 a smoother and more satisfying shave than the two Wolfman’s I owned. They are perfectly designed razors but are overrated shavers imo.

Thanks. My only concern is that it might be slightly too harsh given the fact that the Timeless .95 was too irritating to be a daily driver for me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Paradigm 17-4 is not standard threading? I can't put either my Timeless or Wolfman handles on it. This is the big sticking point for me. Want to like the razor but I'm not happy if I am limited to handle choice.
You are correct. I did not know that so I just checked Timeless, Wolfman, Charcoal goods, Jurgen Hemple and Blackbird, none of those handles fit

Thanks. My only concern is that it might be slightly too harsh given the fact that the Timeless .95 was too irritating to be a daily driver for me.
The paradigm is smoother than the .95, much more like the.68 in feel.

Top Bottom