What's new

Bonavita Drip Coffee Maker

2 weeks in with the Bonavita and I'm as pleased as ever. It couldn't be easier to use or clean and makes a solid cup of coffee. Mine came with the 8 cup stainless insulated carafe and my wife and I love it. What they call 8 cups is really 4 of my large mugs. SWMBO and I each morning have 1 mug at home and fill our travel mugs with the remainder and hit the road. On weekends we linger over a pot so the insulated carafe works great. I don't like glass carafes sitting on warming plates, it ruins the coffee.

I have a 10-cup Melitta pour over with an insulated stainless carafe. When I opened my new Bonavita I thought the 8-cup carafe it came with looked awfully familiar. The Bonavita carafe and Melitta carafe are exactly the same, including the top. The only difference is the bottom of the Bonavita carafe has "Bonavita" stenciled on it. They are interchangeable in every way.

https://www.amazon.com/Melitta-Coff...792&sr=8-5&keywords=melitta+coffee+maker&th=1

I have a 10-cup Melitta pour over with an insulated stainless carafe. When I opened my new Bonavita I thought the 8-cup carafe it came with looked awfully familiar. The Bonavita carafe and Melitta carafe are exactly the same, including the top. The only difference is the bottom of the Bonavita carafe has "Bonavita" stenciled on it. They are interchangeable in every way.

Thermal is the way to go. Air pot or carafe (which ever floats your boat)

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Thanks for the report. It's good to hear how you enjoy it so much! When I'm in the market for a drip maker, I'll be sure to look at that one.

I've recently looked at a number of drip coffee makers. Just recently realized that the 8 cup Bonavitas aren't necessarily joined at the hip with it's carafe. Saw an article about using a Chemex carafe with the Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup. Made me realize that although you lose the ability to pull out the carafe to get a cup early before brewing has finished that you gain great flexibility if you have, or would like to try, an alternative carafe. Should also be able to use the Bodum manual pour over etc With most coffee makers, you have to use the supplied carafe, period end of story. Not necessarily a bad thing, depends on your priorities I guess...
proxy.php

Last edited:
Nice setup [MENTION=105395]TexFlood[/MENTION]. I too enjoy the flexibility the Bonavita offers regarding carafe's. I have a couple older pour-over glass carafes that work great with the Bonavita. Although most of the time I use the stainless carafe that came with the unit.

2 months in with my BV 1900. No buyers remorse here, it makes a great pot of coffee.

I've had the 5 cup version (BV1500TS) for over 18 months, and it is the best coffee maker I've ever used! I've been experimenting with pour-over methods (currently using a Bee House dripper), and TexFlood has me thinking of trying combining the two!

I've had the 5 cup version (BV1500TS) for over 18 months, and it is the best coffee maker I've ever used! I've been experimenting with pour-over methods (currently using a Bee House dripper), and TexFlood has me thinking of trying combining the two!

Go for it! Lets us know how it works out. The Bonavita I have is the best coffee maker I've used as well. Only question for me now is longevity, and the only way to answer that question is to use it. :thumbup1:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I had to bring this thread back up to the top. Over the last few days or so, I've had a good seven or eight persons either mention how much they enjoy their Bonavita or ask if I've heard anything about "those Bonavita coffee makers." It seems that something is going around.

2.5 years with mine and still going strong. The original glass lined thermal carafe developed a leak, and I replaced it with a stainless version (glass lined is no longer available).

My 1900 w/ stainless insulated carafe is seeing heavy use this holiday season. I love this machine. Its very unassuming. Simple design, no frills, easy to use and easy to clean. I can't speak to its longevity yet as I've only had mine a few months, but it makes a good cup of coffee. I'm a fan.

Currently SWMBO and I have a Moccamaster on our wedding registry because we both love fresh coffee in the morning to take on our commutes. Wondering if it's really worth the 250% price bump over a Bonavita though, as I too have heard a few people at work praise their Bonavitas...

Some people have had their Technivorms for 30 years. The Bonavita has only been around for a few years, so the jury is still out on longevity. Still, I love that it has one button. All it does is make great coffee. No bells or whistles.

You guys have sold me. I've been a Bunn man for decades and I now have a Bonavita 1900 on order. Thanks for your enablement!

Some people have had their Technivorms for 30 years. The Bonavita has only been around for a few years, so the jury is still out on longevity. Still, I love that it has one button. All it does is make great coffee. No bells or whistles.

I would concur with [MENTION=16143]beginish[/MENTION] Most people seem really happy with their Bonavita but other Bonita products have not all been paragons of build quality/reliability/product support. Technivorm does have a track record for reliability. The third option I would include in the mix would be the Behmor Brazen. I have no direct experience with this product but I have relatively favorable opinions about Behmor as a company and their product support.

I was making coffee this morning with my Bonavita 1900 and couldn't recall how long I've had this coffeemaker so I pulled up this old thread. Looks like I'm about 15 months into it. 15 months is not a long time, but I can report back that it has been flawless and remains my favorite. I have the insulated stainless carafe and its been no trouble.

Top Bottom