What's new

Beards and Moustaches Acquisitions Thread

I went to the flea market hoping to score some razors today. Struck out on the razors, but I picked up some stuff from caveman grooming. She must not have had much interest from other guys and offered to give me a deal If I bought a few things. Wound up knocking about 30% off the prices and I walked away with it for $25 even. I'll let you know what I think of them in the beard oil and balm of the day thread.
DSCF4215.JPG

I went to the flea market hoping to score some razors today. Struck out on the razors, but I picked up some stuff from caveman grooming. She must not have had much interest from other guys and offered to give me a deal If I bought a few things. Wound up knocking about 30% off the prices and I walked away with it for $25 even. I'll let you know what I think of them in the beard oil and balm of the day thread.
View attachment 841772

Very nice. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts. Cheers.

CECDFB4B-C7DD-4450-A5C1-36EE5A3243B7.jpeg

A beautiful Brush, Beard Wash, Gentleman’s Blend Oil, Balm, and Moustache Wax, and Cigar Blend Moustache Wax. It’s a good day. And they even threw in some stickers and can koozie’s. Great company to order direct from. Cheers.

366814C7-C840-40C9-A1CD-CE5510A3F400.jpeg

8212F3C1-B1BE-4993-8957-33FB471A5938.jpeg

Had to try the Jelly. Somehow the others made it in there too. Ingredients are top notch and I’ve heard nothing but good things. Can’t wait. This set also came with a beautiful comb and sheath. Great value. Cheers.

I noticed my local Walmart is selling Honest Amish. For some reason it's in the hair section net to the pomades instead of next to the shaving stuff like the Cremo. I decided I had to pick some up.
DSCF4729.JPG

The grail of beard kits. The Loaded Caddy from Badass Beard Care. Holds all the essentials in a nice wood platform. I chose The Royal Knight scent and it may be the best Beard Oil scent I’ve ever tried. Very happy with it, and all the products. There was a slight delay with shipping so they sent an extra horn comb and metal bottle opener, along with two sample packs. Great customer service, they really went above and beyond.

The Loaded Caddy comes with an oil, balm, comb, brush, and scissors. Very customizable and a great value. Cheers to Badass Beard Care.

A2A24F44-2A30-44E6-9C22-E9019C312047.jpeg
1D46CFDC-2666-4583-92C8-DBD000A2EEF2.jpeg

The grail of beard kits. The Loaded Caddy from Badass Beard Care. Holds all the essentials in a nice wood platform. I chose The Royal Knight scent and it may be the best Beard Oil scent I’ve ever tried. Very happy with it, and all the products. There was a slight delay with shipping so they sent an extra horn comb and metal bottle opener, along with two sample packs. Great customer service, they really went above and beyond.

The Loaded Caddy comes with an oil, balm, comb, brush, and scissors. Very customizable and a great value. Cheers to Badass Beard Care.

View attachment 845963 View attachment 845964

Just checked out their site, liked what I saw so I placed a small order. Thanks for the heads up!

Got my first order from Badass Beard Care today. Within minutes of it's arrival I used the Secret Agent (unscented) beard wash - that alone made my beard feel as soft as my hair, I was honestly shocked.

Decided to try the Viking oil and balm first: it opens with a very nice orange note, then the fir starts coming through with just a hint of spice from the clove. I plan to order all three of these in full size when I get paid. Still to try is the Secret Agent oil and balm and Mountain Man balm: first impression, it seems more medicinal to me than the GBS Pine (which has a sharper note that reminds me of fresh sap). Hopefully the MM will evolve a bit when I wear it. Can't tell much performance wise about the oil yet, hopefully a few days of hydration with it will show some benefits. The wooden comb however, is outstanding. I know everyone raves about how much difference a wooden comb makes, that's why I ordered it but... WOW, now I understand what you guys were talking about! I think I need a couple more for carry and back ups.
IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG

I ordered extra picks, for when I misplace the first one:
IMG_0351.JPG

My free samples from Artist Man. Logger scent is listed as "Spruce, clary sage, woodsy, forest." I get the woodsy, forest scent but I'm picking up something bright and almost citrus-like. It's not a bad scent, just something there I can't quite zero in on. Maybe it's a sharpness from the spruce needles or could be something from the clary sage. If any of you can offer an opinion, I'd appreciate it. The "Black Coffee" on the other hand, is so subtle neither I nor SWMBO could pick up any scent at all. Disappointing because I really wanted this to complement my Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee and RPS Espresso shaves. I'll definitely still use it but more as a neutral scented oil.
IMG_0297.JPG

The smaller brown vials are samples from Badass Beard Care for size comparison. AM samples are normally $5 each (two free with discount code), BABC samples are $4 for oil & balm or $6.99 for oil, balm and wash (two sample discounts available). Pretty good value either way.
Jack

Last edited:
Okay, have to correct myself: AM's Black Coffee oil doesn't have much scent in the vial however, once I poured a few drops in my palm I could smell it. It's still not strongly scented but it's there and quite nice. I'd recommend both oils based on quality, hydration and scent with the caveat that the Black Coffee is a bit subtle.

il_570xN.1097129228_7w5b.jpg

Just ordered 2 of these 4" Sandalwood beard combs from Beaver Scooter on Etsy. $4.99 each and kind of an interesting shape. They also have a symmetrical 4" comb in pearwood for $2.99. The company's located in LA Mesa, CA., not sure if they make their own products or import them but it's the best price I've come across yet.

My Sandalwood beard combs came in from Beaver Scooter last Friday:
IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0314.JPG

The last pic is with my comb from Badass Beard Care. Both are listed as 4" but the Beaver Scooter is about 1/8" short of that and being a half heart shape, it has roughly 1" less usable teeth than the BABC - it disappears in the back pocket of my Levi's. At $4.99 each it makes a pretty good carry option. Definitely had a strong sandalwood scent when I first opened the package, it's mellowed a little now but it's still there.

Two more orders came in:
IMG_0323.JPG

GBS Viking Blend and Pine beard oils.

IMG_0322.JPG

BABC Viking balm and oil, Secret Agent Chuck's Hog Wash, Pirate and Holiday balm and oil samples and, of course, a complimentary guitar pick.

4DB5AF9C-CB33-44A9-B35C-89C519A60BC0.jpeg

Kingsmen Holy Grail beard oil, balm, and moustache wax. An oud scent that is absolutely intoxicating. Can’t speak on performance yet but I have high hopes. Cheers.

Top Bottom