What's new

Similar to Aqua Velva?

I enjoy using Aqua Velva Classic Blue splash. The smell, the cooling effect, how it smooths my skin, everything about it. However, the scent only lasts a few hours, and doesn't really go well with any of my colognes.

So, I am looking for a cologne that:

1. Will go well with or smell similar to the scent of Aqua Velva
2. Will last longer than Aqua Velva
3. Not necessarily as cheap

Thanks

edit: Classic Blue

I assume you're looking for something relatively inexpensive - if your local drug store carries adidas products, I think you might find one of them (I think there are four flavours) that fits the bill (you didn't say which of the aqua velvet scents you are using).

I also think the adidas products are a little better quality than the aqua velva - not quite as synthetic (IMHO) as the aqua velva, but still pretty cheap.

I've had very good feedback from female co-workers on the one I use - Ice Dive - I think.

Suzuki said:
I assume you're looking for something relatively inexpensive - if your local drug store carries adidas products, I think you might find one of them (I think there are four flavours) that fits the bill (you didn't say which of the aqua velvet scents you are using).

I also think the adidas products are a little better quality than the aqua velva - not quite as synthetic (IMHO) as the aqua velva, but still pretty cheap.

I've had very good feedback from female co-workers on the one I use - Ice Dive - I think.

Thanks for the reply. I was referring to the Classic Blue scent. I'll be sure to check the Adidas.

I've been using the Adidas products for a while and they're really nice. They do sting a little, but it's a good kind of sting, if that makes any sense.

webguru24 said:
I've been using the Adidas products for a while and they're really nice. They do sting a little, but it's a good kind of sting, if that makes any sense.

You really should try an Alum Block, now that's the best sting going!

I often use an alum block AND an alcohol-based a/s - some layer scents, I layer stings - I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment (does that make me a masochist:001_rolle ).

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I find that Dunhill for men (the 1934 version) is similar ... and better. The first time I tried Aqua Velva, that cologne is what immediately came to mind.

Pretty hard to find now, since it's discontinued, but some bottles are still floating around out there.

I must agree with this post. I gambled in picking up a bottle of Adidas Team Five edt. I actually really enjoy it and SWMBO likes it also.

:001_wub:

One of the reviewers on Fragrantica believes Bleu de Chanel is has a similar vibe to AV Ice Blue. I've only had a sample of BDC, so I can't actually confirm this, as I've not done a side-by-side. I've found that many of my colognes over the years segue very well with AV including Nautica Aqua Rush and Perry Ellis 360. I would think anything in the Aquatic/Aromatic/Woody area would work.

This is interesting:

Men’s Fragrances Turn to Blue though it's 7 years old.

My wife really likes the Kroger Arctic Ice which is discontinued. I just figured that it was an Aqua Velva knock off so I started using AV. My wife say's the AV doesn't stack up.

My wife really likes the Kroger Arctic Ice which is discontinued. I just figured that it was an Aqua Velva knock off so I started using AV. My wife say's the AV doesn't stack up.

Some of the knock-offs are better than originals IMO. Every time I'm back in Colorado, I get the Kroger branded items when possible. (At least they kept the King Soopers name on the stores.)

I often use an alum block AND an alcohol-based a/s - some layer scents, I layer stings - I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment (does that make me a masochist:001_rolle ).
What did the masochist say to the sadist?

"Beat me, beat me!"

What did the sadist say to the masochist?

"No!"

Top Bottom