What's new

Whats in your mug? ~ January 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzuki's pu'erh blend - I had some odds and ends in the bottom of my tea drawer at work, so in the interests of science, I chucked them all in my mug - while not outstanding, its certainly decent and beats throwing any of this green gold out!

Gators over Sooners @BCS National Championship Game... tonight!

(oy, does this suck! I'm gonna hafta choose between the Bowl Game and Ugly Betty/Grey's Anatomy!!)

proxy.php

I started off with a cup of French pressed Colombian this morning and then switched over to a few steeps of China Breakfast organic black tea from Rishi. It's a single garden Yunnan Red that is very good! I was amazed to have the flavors and sensations linger hours later after drinking it.

I got a Newco OCS-12 from my parents for Christmas. I've been using a dark roast Sumatra from Costco, and recently came to the conclusion that it kinda just tastes like dirt to me, probably way over roasted, but I think the beans are just stale too. So to remedy this, I ordered two bags from PTs coffee, and just received them today. I ordered:

Ethiopia Sidamo Special Prep

El Salvador Finca Los Planes Pacamara

I made an 8 cup pot of the Ethiopian this afternoon. Holy moly, this is good stuff! I admit I still like my coffee doctored up a bit, not to mask the taste, on the contrary, for some reason adding a bit of cream and sugar accentuates the flavors to me, or brings out the flavors in a way that I like. I drank a cup black, and enjoyed it, and then had a cup with half and half and a teaspoon of sugar, and it bowled me over. I'll make it in my Bodum Columbia press next time.

Now I just need a vacuum thermos so I can drink it at lunch too, won't have to resort to the office swill.

I got a Newco OCS-12 from my parents for Christmas. I've been using a dark roast Sumatra from Costco, and recently came to the conclusion that it kinda just tastes like dirt to me, probably way over roasted, but I think the beans are just stale too. So to remedy this, I ordered two bags from PTs coffee, and just received them today. I ordered:

Ethiopia Sidamo Special Prep

El Salvador Finca Los Planes Pacamara

I made an 8 cup pot of the Ethiopian this afternoon. Holy moly, this is good stuff! I admit I still like my coffee doctored up a bit, not to mask the taste, on the contrary, for some reason adding a bit of cream and sugar accentuates the flavors to me, or brings out the flavors in a way that I like. I drank a cup black, and enjoyed it, and then had a cup with half and half and a teaspoon of sugar, and it bowled me over. I'll make it in my Bodum Columbia press next time.

Now I just need a vacuum thermos so I can drink it at lunch too, won't have to resort to the office swill.

There is nothing worse than bad Sumatra, sounds like a good time with the Sidamo.

Just get 8kg of green beans. Sorry for crappy pic. So this is pretty much what I´m gonna drink next months :biggrin:

proxy.php

2kg Nicaragua El Limoncillo
2kg Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Organic
2kg Kenya Gethumbwini Peaberry 2007-2008
2kg Brazil Fazenda Cachoeira Bourbon 2008-2009 Crop

Just get 8kg of green beans. Sorry for crappy pic. So this is pretty much what I´m gonna drink next months :biggrin:

proxy.php

2kg Nicaragua El Limoncillo
2kg Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Organic
2kg Kenya Gethumbwini Peaberry 2007-2008
2kg Brazil Fazenda Cachoeira Bourbon 2008-2009 Crop

Geth pea is my favourite coffee, and you ordered from steve too. Nice one. I find it has to be no darker than medium roasted but you may have different tastes on it to me

Geth pea is my favourite coffee, and you ordered from steve too. Nice one. I find it has to be no darker than medium roasted but you may have different tastes on it to me

It´s one of my favourite beans as well. I usually roast it to medium dark. I stop just before the beans get oily.

Guatemala Antigua Los Pastores peaberry, roasted 12 hours ago and brewed in Technivorm. Holy cow is this good.

French pressed Peet's Gaia to get out the door.

Now at work, 2003 CNNP Yi Wu High Mountain Wild Arbor.

Edit: Back at home, Zhongshan Baiye Oolong (Specialteas #519).
A matter-of-fact, aromatic non-sweet, slightly fruity, toasty oolong.
Looks like it might be Dan Cong.
S'nice.

I drank 48 oz of english breakfast within about 2 hours because I wasn't paying attention... oops, at least it was yummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom