What's new

Containers for shaved soap samples

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I got a sample of L'occitane Cade and a sample of Panna Creama Nuavia Blu. Both look as of the were sliced off of the original soap pucks like several sliced pieces. What do guys recommend for containers for these?

Small Tupperware type containers from the dollar store work well. Can sometimes find interesting containers at Goodwill. I think we determined this is a French onion soup bowl. 1.99
IMG_0208.JPG

I just put mine in a mug and use them until they're gone. If you don't want to dedicate a shaving vessel for this, just grab a kitchen mug. Then you can put it pack in the kitchen when the soap is gone.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Dollar Store, 3 for $2 here in Canada. Screw on lid and twist lock bases so they can be stacked. 3" diameter at the top, but the bases are slightly smaller at 2 1/2". Stirling samples fit fine though. Lots of room to load your brush too. Works great!

IMG_1290.jpg

I agree with above, though if you want fancier, Maggards sells nice plastic containers.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I want to be clear that a mug is NOT my favorite way to lather. For a full-size puck that I own, I buy a container for it (e.g. the metal cans with lids for the Stirling soap). I then load my brush from that and generate lather from a separate bowl or scuttle. But when it is a little sliver sample, it's just not worth trying to take it in and out of some loading vessel: I just throw it in a kitchen mug until it's gone. If I like it and buy it, then it will get a proper container to go in.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
$1.25 at Dollarama for 3.

IMG_2211.JPG

The bases twist and lock to the lid underneath. I keep Stirling samples in mine.

I find the Maggards black plastic soap jars 4 oz size with the screw on lid work very nicely for $1.75. I’ve tried Stirling’s green ones but they are much more expensive per piece. Nice size for loading the brush.

That said, the containers that Stiing sells their soaps in are much bigger and are amazing for brush loading. I don’t think they sell those empty though.

I got a sample of L'occitane Cade and a sample of Panna Creama Nuavia Blu. Both look as of the were sliced off of the original soap pucks like several sliced pieces. What do guys recommend for containers for these?
Plenty of different ways to keep them & use them. My question is where did you get the soap samples?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

The container shown in post #14 would be perfect,since they have a magnet on the bottom.its the same type of magnet used for refrigerator magnets.I could stick them to the medicine cabinet door,and also the back of the cabinet.I bought the only one they had.
I can also order them online for a dollar a piece, and pick them up at the local store. I'm just not sure how well they'd resist rust?

The container shown in post #14 would be perfect,since they have a magnet on the bottom.its the same type of magnet used for refrigerator magnets.I could stick them to the medicine cabinet door,and also the back of the cabinet.I bought the only one they had.
I can also order them online for a dollar a piece, and pick them up at the local store. I'm just not sure how well they'd resist rust?

If it is made from aluminum you won’t have to worry. The magnet can rust but the tin won’t.

Top Bottom