What's new

Beards and Moustaches Acquisitions Thread

strop

Now half as wise
Here's the ingredient list:

Castor Oil (Ricinus communis) , Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera) , Japan Wax (Rhus Succedanea) , Carnauba Wax , Stearic Acid , Fragrance , Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) , Indian Sandalwood Oil (Santalum album) , Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill) , Madagascan Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides) , Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta) , Lemongrass Oil (Cymbopogon citratus)

Interesting. Several other natural waxes. I'll have to do some research. I can say that I've never been happy with the castor oil when I've played around with making my own.

Interesting. Several other natural waxes. I'll have to do some research. I can say that I've never been happy with the castor oil when I've played around with making my own.

Oddly enough, for an oil as the top ingredient, it's a solid pretty hard wax in the tin.

strop

Now half as wise
Oddly enough, for an oil as the top ingredient, it's a solid pretty hard wax in the tin.

That has been my experience. It tends to make the mixture very hard, almost brittle in the tin, but then more greasy once it is warmed. Of course it is probably just a matter of proportion, but I was never able to make it work for me.

That has been my experience. It tends to make the mixture very hard, almost brittle in the tin, but then more greasy once it is warmed. Of course it is probably just a matter of proportion, but I was never able to make it work for me.

It's not brittle in the tin, but feels a bit harder than beeswax based, yet softens up easier, which sounds about like what your experience was. It isn't greasy once applied, but I did again use very small amounts compared to other brands, and got good results with the minimal approach to application. The reviews I read all seemed positive in nature, as is mine. Could be a case of seeing if you have a Lush store local to you, checking the tin out in person, and inquiring on the return policy of you aren't happy with it, then just picking it up and trying it out if everything seems agreeable up to that point?

I discovered a local barber shop carries a decent selection of shaving and a few beard products. I picked up my first real beard oil. I've used preshave oil as beard oil and it works OK, but this is definitely better.

Attachments

• $DSCF8734.jpg
    $DSCF8734.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 63
my barber gave me a bottle of bearded dragon beard oil. It is my first foray into beard oils and it seems to be helping the dryness. I may need to research and find one that will compliment my sandalwood cologne...

my barber gave me a bottle of bearded dragon beard oil. It is my first foray into beard oils and it seems to be helping the dryness. I may need to research and find one that will compliment my sandalwood cologne...

Just watch for sandalwood oils that also list vanilla in them. I've had one where it was really mostly vanilla instead of the sandalwood.

Anyone have any new acquisitions?

My most recent one was WSP Mahogany Beard Oil. It's a nice scent very sweet and vanilla, almost too sweet, but has some spice and wood to round it out. Goes well with Old Spice (or Avon Spicy) or Skin Bracer.

Attachments

• $DSCF9911.jpg
    $DSCF9911.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 14
I picked up a new bottle of WSP Tobacco. I really love the scent of this one. My first bottle was down to about 1/4, a buddy/co-worker was asking me about beard oils. So I gave him the last of my other bottle to try. A couple days later he came back to me and said Thanks a lot jerk, now I have to go out and spend money on fancy Tobacco beard oil when this runs out. :lol: Mission accomplished. :thumbup1:

Attachments

• $DSCF9943.jpg
    $DSCF9943.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 9
today i picked up a wooden box from a local company. (been using their product for a while now) Reign Beard Care is their name... just started getting to doing online orders and such. not sure if its ok to post a link to them or not so i shall refrain for now.
IMG_0477.JPG IMG_0476.JPG
and then got in another item to try out ... still waiting on another package to deliver ... been hunting a decent soap and conditioner to use.
IMG_0478.JPG

Knowing nothing at all about moustache waxes, I have just ordered a tin of Hairgum Barber Moustache Wax. I have no idea how this is going to work!

I also ordered the Whisker Dam.

Both should arrive next week.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Not even a month in on my goatee and I've already picked up a truckload of dirty looks from SWMBO.

Knowing nothing at all about moustache waxes, I have just ordered a tin of Hairgum Barber Moustache Wax. I have no idea how this is going to work!

I also ordered the Whisker Dam.

Both should arrive next week.

They both arrived yesterday and the day before. I like the was, even though it isn't a hard was but more like an extra-thick pomade. Works well.

The Whisker Dam, not so much. I may not use it much.

Top Bottom