What's new

Rockwell 6S, Proudly forged in USA, China?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just opened my delivery of the 6s. The label on the box says Made in China. I could have sworn the website says made in USA. Sure enough the website does say "Proudly forged in the USA". I'm a bit confused. Kind of feel a little bit duped. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

You have been duped. It is also says "made from space grade stainless steel" which is another anomaly. It may be used in space but that does that make it space grade, whatever that means.

Here is the box label

Attachments

• rockwell.jpg
    rockwell.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 503
LOL

How does it work? What difference does it make where it was made?

I just received it. I'm not sure I am going to use it, may return it. Big difference to me where it was made. I wouldn't have purchased it in the first place if I knew it was made in China, when the website says it is made in USA.

Their site still says 6S (stainless, made in US) and 6C (made in china).

On the picture you posted, it isn't clear if it is the 6S or 6C.

I don't have any idea how big of an operation Rockwell is, but they may very well use what is known as a "Co-Packer" to handle their product packaging. This would mean that Rockwell has all product, cartons, shippers, etc. sent to the Co-Packing operation (or the CP may source these materials on Rockwell's behalf) for packaging. This makes sense after a certain quantity threshold to have an "assembly line" style pack out of materials being taken care of by a third party. If that's the case, then it could be likely that Rockwell didn't discover the printing error until some had slipped through the cracks.
This is all just speculation on my part, of course. It's good that the email sent to Rockwell was responded to in a prompt manner.

source: I work for a CoPacking company, and my customers are large multinational corporations. Make up any type of printing or assembly error you could imagine, and we've seen it.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
A quick Google search of the postal code will show you the office building for, I assume, the corporate headquarters.

The 6s razors made in the USA, shipped in bulk to a warehouse. Boxes made and printed most likely here in Canada and sold from that office building and shipped from a warehouse would be my guess.

Someone dropped the ball confirming the labeling some boxes got and as stated by the email, a few got through before being caught. Accidents happen.

Okay, so they had a packaging error which has been resolved. I was still confused about the "space grade stainless steel" term so contacted them. They confirmed all the 6S components are currently manufactured in the USA from grade 316 stainless steel. That is one of the standard grades of stainless steel in common use so not that special. It is more used in severe environments as opposed to the 304 grade. Mystery resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom