What's new

Weather stinks

This is a two day difference. Freaking Maritimes.
Screenshot_20170929-171003.jpg

Yeah. (also in new Brunswick. Specifically Sackville).
I'm looking forward to being able to guess what to wear when I get up. I miss cozy sweaters and such.
It should get chilly enough (most of the time) that I can put out the bird feeders again soon. I took them down because of the trichomoniasis (sp?) parasite that was affecting finches. Some wildlife experts were suggesting that we wait until October.

At least it looks like hurricanes Lee and Maria are headed off towards Ireland or whatever. We don't need any of that.

Just across the boarder here in Maine. Same drop. Went from shorts to long sleeved. At least there isn't snow!

Two days ago people here in southwestern Ontario were kvetching and bellyaching about the "unbearable" heat. My wife took the cover off the a/c unit (the cover I put on two weeks ago) just so she could fire it up...for one night. Guess who's putting that cover back on the a/c unit tomorrow? Not my wife. "It's too chilly to go outside".
Over these past two days the daytime highs here in southwestern Ontario dropped from 31C to 16C. I kinda enjoyed raking leaves in my shorts and t-shirt. This afternoon I had to wear socks. Socks, I tell you!
To all who whined about the heat two days ago...are you happy now?
Time for another hectoring letter to Al Gore, demanding to know when this "global warming/climate change/whatever it's being called this week" is actually going to show up. Wearing socks sucks.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I was about to say the same. On the other hand a nice whisky afterwards while sitting in front of a fire is either medicinal or a nice reward.

Tony have you tried 40 Creek?

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Is that another Canadian Blended Whiskey? If so, it will be on my list.

Yes. A relative newcomer they have won many awards. Barrel Select is their popular selection for the downtrodden proletariat like myself. Confederation oak reserve is a nice treat punching way above its weight and cost. Distilled in Grimsby which is about an hour from where I live.

Yes. A relative newcomer they have won many awards. Barrel Select is their popular selection for the downtrodden proletariat like myself. Confederation oak reserve is a nice treat punching way above its weight and cost. Distilled in Grimsby which is about an hour from where I live.

Thanks, Mike. I have Green Spot, Yellow Spot, Bushmills, Makers Mark, Jameson, RedBreast, Laphroaig, etc. in my bar, but I truly can appreciate the smoothness and affordability of Canadian blends.

More wacky Maritime weather.
It snowed today. Big fluffy - then wet - flakes.
Snow in April does not surprise me, but May 14?
And I had just gotten my scooter out of the basement.

More wacky Maritime weather.
It snowed today. Big fluffy - then wet - flakes.
Snow in April does not surprise me, but May 14?
And I had just gotten my scooter out of the basement.

Wow, that is some late snow. The opposite here, suddenly warmed up a lot today, peaked at almost 90F.

I live in western Kansas and is getting hot! With that said, take into account I live surrounded by big cattle feedyards, so if you pair both, it LITERALLY STINKS!

I decided I have to do my first lawn mowing (even if only partial) tomorrow, because it will be raining all next week.
Tonight though?
9:34 PM ADT Saturday 18 May 2019
Frost advisory in effect for:
  • Moncton and Southeast New Brunswick
Frost may damage some crops in frost-prone areas.
Temperatures are expected to fall to near zero tonight and early Sunday morning.
Cover up plants, especially those in frost-prone areas.​
:glare:

Top Bottom