Water rinse. I usually let it air dry but
I'm starting to worry about all the water
That gets on the inside and on to the
Settings dial and may in time become
Unusable as far as changing the setting
What is the metal used in the slim .
And what is your experience with this
Issue and what advice and suggestions
Can you offer me. All help greatly appreciated.

I imagine there are some slims out there that have been getting dunked in water for near 40 years, an show no signs of water damage. The soap scum is what you have to worry about.

You can disassemble it, or send it out to have it taken apart, cleaned, and buffed up so it looks and functions like new. Will very be good for another 50 years.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I imagine there are some slims out there that have been getting dunked in water for near 40 years, an show no signs of water damage. The soap scum is what you have to worry about.
This! Just rinse it well. I go a little further and give it a quick toothbrushing. I then jiggle it upside down and leave it upside down and open to dry. That may be a little overkill.[emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Scrubbing Bubbles without bleach is good for removing soap scum. After several years, if you have problems with soap scum clogging your adjustment dial, a good soak in SB should help you. My experience is that most of the soap scum buildup will be right around and inside the head, but that can be minimized by frequently rinsing the razor while you're shaving, and then scrub it with a soft toothbrush and hot water every couple of months.

A drop of mineral oil down the shaft and at the top of the adjustment dial every few months won't hurt, either.

Scrubbing Bubbles without bleach is good for removing soap scum. After several years, if you have problems with soap scum clogging your adjustment dial, a good soak in SB should help you. My experience is that most of the soap scum buildup will be right around and inside the head, but that can be minimized by frequently rinsing the razor while you're shaving, and then scrub it with a soft toothbrush and hot water every couple of months.

A drop of mineral oil down the shaft and at the top of the adjustment dial every few months won't hurt, either.
Thanks for the advice, I really
Appreciate it.

This! Just rinse it well. I go a little further and give it a quick toothbrushing. I then jiggle it upside down and leave it upside down and open to dry. That may be a little overkill.[emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Doesn't sound like Overkill to me , so
I'm going to do my Slim exactly as you
Thank You so much for the instructions.

You can disassemble it, or send it out to have it taken apart, cleaned, and buffed up so it looks and functions like new. Will very be good for another 50 years.
Yeah eventually I send it in for complete
Overhaul to get it as close to perfect as
I can.
Thanks for the advice.

Well I never thought about it that way.
But it certainly makes sense
Thanks

Top Bottom