What's new

Tequila and Ginger Ale

Over the weekend we had a wait to get a table at a local restaurant. So, my wife and I sat at the bar. I saw the bartender make a drink with tequila and ginger ale. I tried it and found it to be surprisingly refreshing on a hot evening. The bartender's recipe was:
  • Cut a lime into four pieces. Rub the rim of a tall glass with one piece of lime and dip the glass in salt.
  • Squeeze two of the pieces of lime into the glass.
  • Add 1 1/2 ounces of amber or gold tequila to the glass.
  • Add ice cubes about 3/4 of the way up to the top.
  • Top off with ginger ale and use the remaining piece of lime as a garnish.
  • Gently stir and enjoy.
The bartender said he sometimes uses vodka or gin in place of tequila - but most folks prefer the taste of tequila.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I often drink Tequila and cranberry juice. It's pretty good!
Will give the ginger ale a try.
Thanks

I forget the name of it but there is a mixed drink that is basically grapefruit soda (Fresca or what have you) and tequila.

Absolutely delicious.

Another one I always enjoyed was a tequila screwdriver. Tequila is magical with citrus.

Back in my college days, I chased Cuervo with orange Gatorade. I'm definitely seeing it goes with any fruit, real or fake.

I forget the name of it but there is a mixed drink that is basically grapefruit soda (Fresca or what have you) and tequila.

Absolutely delicious.

Tequila and grapefruit soda is called a Paloma, and it's delicious! Salted rim and lime wedge optional but preferred. And no Fresca! Use Squirt or a Mexican grapefruit soda like Jarritos. :thumbup1:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Looks like a variation of the Moscow Mule, with Tequila instead of Vodka. Hard to find some ginger beer nowdays so I use ginger ale.

I like the Moscow Mule...I'll have to try the Tequila.

Tried something different last night. Two ounces agave Tequila, .5 ounce Agave nectar, .5 ounce of fresh lime juice, a few ounces of ginger ale. Very refreshing.

I got the idea when I saw a bartender make a Margarita with Tequila and agave nectar and lime juice. No triple sec or Cointreau. I ordered one for my wife and me. It was very nice and less sweet. I asked the bartender where he got the recipe. He said this is the classic Margarita used in Mexico.

Looks like a variation of the Moscow Mule, with Tequila instead of Vodka. Hard to find some ginger beer nowdays so I use ginger ale.

I like the Moscow Mule...I'll have to try the Tequila.

We do this all the time with Mezcal. The Mezcal Mule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Tried something different last night. Two ounces agave Tequila, .5 ounce Agave nectar, .5 ounce of fresh lime juice, a few ounces of ginger ale. Very refreshing.

I got the idea when I saw a bartender make a Margarita with Tequila and agave nectar and lime juice. No triple sec or Cointreau. I ordered one for my wife and me. It was very nice and less sweet. I asked the bartender where he got the recipe. He said this is the classic Margarita used in Mexico.

Kinda reminds me of when a friend of mine in San Miguel, Q. Roo, showed me the "proper" way to make a Michelada many years ago. He went behind the bar (yup, they knew him there...he's a local) and salted the rim of a beer glass in the Margarita salt, filled it with ice, then squeezed about "that much" lime juice into the bottom, then put about "that much" Maggi sauce and Worcestershire sauce in it, then filled it with the Mexican beer, then put a douse or two or three of Tabasco sauce in it. Stir and it's ready.

I still use that no measure recipe to this day.

I'll have to try that Margarita recipe, Jim. Sounds good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom