What's new

What's on your work bench right now?

I just finished this Dovo. It was suffering from cell rot so the original scales had to be replaced. This was my first attempt at transfering inlays and I am happy with the way it turned out. Honed up very nicely and mowed down three days growth last night.

Time for a new project, or three [emoji6]
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

So the three new projects. A 7/8 Joesph Rogers, a 5/8 W&B Canadian Concave, and a razor which i cant make out the tang stamp, but like the shape of. Scales have been rough cut and are ready for drilling and rough shaping.

The Rogers is getting translucent honey horn. The Wade gets some acrylic tortoise shell, and the no namer gets battleship grey/black G10.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I just finished this Dovo. It was suffering from cell rot so the original scales had to be replaced. This was my first attempt at transfering inlays and I am happy with the way it turned out. Honed up very nicely and mowed down three days growth last night.

proxy.php
proxy.php

That looks stunning mate, and very well done on the inlays that's one of my next projects.

proxy.php
proxy.php

That looks excellent! Well done!

Thank you everyone. Just nobody ask how many times I glued my fingers to the work bench! [emoji87][emoji43]

About 6 if you count the time I glued two of my fingers together. Used a thick gel type CA glue to give me an extra second off two to reposition the inlays. Used acetone to melt the inlays out of the original scales, that is also a very messy job. It was however worth it in the end.

Just finished pinning some old recycled black horn on a dorko . Pics maybe later. I have two new sets of horn but I just love using the old ones.

About 6 if you count the time I glued two of my fingers together. Used a thick gel type CA glue to give me an extra second off two to reposition the inlays. Used acetone to melt the inlays out of the original scales, that is also a very messy job. It was however worth it in the end.
Only six? I'd probably still have the darn things attached to me.

Thanks Bob, you be carful now [emoji12]

Rough shaped some scales on the belt sander then took a pair and hand sanded, then buffed, then fitted a wedge, then pinned/peened, then cleaned it up a bit and now its sitting waiting to be honed.

Two more to go before I tackle a Rodgers that someone took a grinder to. . . (not me)
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Thanks Bob, you be carful now [emoji12]

Rough shaped some scales on the belt sander then took a pair and hand sanded, then buffed, then fitted a wedge, then pinned/peened, then cleaned it up a bit and now its sitting waiting to be honed.

Two more to go before I tackle a Rodgers that someone took a grinder to. . . (not me)
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I think when I get my blade done, I'm sending it to you to scale. :001_tt2:

Nice job!

Top Bottom