What's new

Crystal blades

They are a good workhorse blade. They aren't the sharpest, or the smoothest. But they are priced pretty decently when purchased in bulk. But their price does put them in the range with Gillette blades, which seem to get most of the attention.

They are fine I bought 100 of them when I first started using a safety razor, I'm not sure if I will buy them again or not since I found GSB, and PolSilver SI, and Nacet. I use them but they are my least favorite of all the blades I bought in bulk.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

For me Crystals are solid, mid-tier blades. Not as good as the top tier Personna blades, but better than the median.

For me they were terrible, topped only by Graham-Field med preps. I couldn't get a single pass finished. Tugged, scraped, and pulled the whiskers. I gave them away to another member who they worked well for, but I can't get along with them at all.

For me they were terrible, topped only by Graham-Field med preps. I couldn't get a single pass finished. Tugged, scraped, and pulled the whiskers. I gave them away to another member who they worked well for, but I can't get along with them at all.
It sounds like you got a Bad batch like I did with the Astra SP's.! The Crystal blade is not super sharp but, is extremely smooth for me.

They are a good workhorse blade. They aren't the sharpest, or the smoothest. But they are priced pretty decently when purchased in bulk. But their price does put them in the range with Gillette blades, which seem to get most of the attention.
GSB's $14.US on ebay shipping out NY and
Shipping is free, Platinum Lux $11 , Nacet
$13. Now do you understand why Crystals
Shall remain in the shadows with the other
2nd tier blades..

They are fine I bought 100 of them when I first started using a safety razor, I'm not sure if I will buy them again or not since I found GSB, and PolSilver SI, and Nacet. I use them but they are my least favorite of all the blades I bought in bulk.

My sentiment exactly.

I've bought Crystal blades twice, first time was from Amazon for 120 blades, and I bought a 50 pack later on from ebay.

The ones I got from Amazon was sharper compared to the one's I got from ebay, they look identical and I'm sure is not fake, probably has something to do with the machine needing maintenance or was among the last batch before the machine needed to be maintained or some parts had to be replaced.

I prefer using them in my slants.

I've bought Crystal blades twice, first time was from Amazon for 120 blades, and I bought a 50 pack later on from ebay.

The ones I got from Amazon was sharper compared to the one's I got from ebay, they look identical and I'm sure is not fake, probably has something to do with the machine needing maintenance or was among the last batch before the machine needed to be maintained or some parts had to be replaced.

I prefer using them in my slants.
I hear ya.! I run into the same problem now & then myself. Its very frustrating.

I hear ya.! I run into the same problem now & then myself. Its very frustrating.
Are you referring to just the Crystals or just de blades in general?

I found Personna made blades consistensy to vary widely compared to other brands, I've got some Crystals that had Made in Israel printed on the blades and also some "Made in USA " and some that didn't have anything printed on where it was made but they all had Super + Platinum and patent number printed on them.

I think the one's that had information on where it was made were older version. The one's from Israel I found were sharper.

I ordered 100 made in Israel Crystals about two years ago. After three separate, failed attempts to get through even a single pass, the whole lot went in the trash. Worst blade I've ever used.

I wonder if they are the same as qball blades or personna sold in the UK supermarkets such as tesco e.t.c
If they are the same(which i heard they are) we are talking about great blades.

I wonder if they are the same as qball blades or personna sold in the UK supermarkets such as tesco e.t.c
If they are the same(which i heard they are) we are talking about great blades.

Not sure about the supermarket blades, but the QBall are in the same wrappers and have the same markings on the blade. They are almost certainly identical. The ones sold in stores are often marked as Platinum Chrome or Stainless Steel and differ in appearance.

I am pretty sure that the CVS DE blades are Crystal. They feel almost if not exactly the same.

Top Bottom