What's new

what slants are like the sledge hammer

I just started using the Merkur 39 sledge hammer and I love the performance but hate the handle. It keeps twisting in my hand due to the way the grooves are machined. Normally I would just switch handles, but this is a two piece razor, so no way.

I am looking an Ikon X3 slant head and the razorock german 37 slant. Does anyone have a opinion as how they compare to the sledge hammer?

37c has a shorter and lighter handle, but is also a two piece design. RR German 37 is a pretty good clone of the 37/39 head and is a 3 piece, and they will sell you the head alone so you can use whatever handle you want. Shave wise, the RR 37 is so close to the 39c that I stored my 39c and use the RR in my rotation.

37c has a shorter and lighter handle, but is also a two piece design. RR German 37 is a pretty good clone of the 37/39 head and is a 3 piece, and they will sell you the head alone so you can use whatever handle you want. Shave wise, the RR 37 is so close to the 39c that I stored my 39c and use the RR in my rotation.

Thanks. It is a toss up between the head and the full razor (now that the handle is machined SS).

Top Bottom