What's new

Shavette And Barber Razor Enthusiast (SABRE) group

But my point was that Rocnel calls this razor a Barber Razor. The Group is called Shavettes AND Barber Razors. To me (not a native English speaker/reader) this means a Barber Razor is NOT the same as a shavette. Hence my question.

Did you read the first post of this thread? It explains it pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my order confirmed so the DE Pat V is on its way!
Many thanks to @Wil_D for sourcing this...

Last night I shaved with the Universal Lama Intera:
IMG_8684.JPG

And tonight the Kai Captain (ha ha - this one's for you Brian @Bluebriz )
IMG_8686.JPG

Here's the thing: the Kai Captain, the Feather DX and the whole Artist Club system is a really fun and classy way to shave which brings me a lot of satisfaction and pleasure.
But I still actually get a better final shave result from the DE blade shavettes like the Universal.

I had a private discussion with someone here a while back in which they revealed that they'd sold their Cobra Classic because they were getting better shaves from their Muhle R41.
I remember being shocked!

Well guess what? I sold my Feather DX because I get better shaves from my Focus Slim.
There, I actually went and said it :)

Got my order confirmed so the DE Pat V is on its way!
Many thanks to @Wil_D for sourcing this...

Last night I shaved with the Universal Lama Intera:
View attachment 808792
And tonight the Kai Captain (ha ha - this one's for you Brian @Bluebriz )
View attachment 808793

Here's the thing: the Kai Captain, the Feather DX and the whole Artist Club system is a really fun and classy way to shave which brings me a lot of satisfaction and pleasure.
But I still actually get a better final shave result from the DE blade shavettes like the Universal.

I had a private discussion with someone here a while back in which they revealed that they'd sold their Cobra Classic because they were getting better shaves from their Muhle R41.
I remember being shocked!

Well guess what? I sold my Feather DX because I get better shaves from my Focus Slim.
There, I actually went and said it :)

Thanks for the tribute! Actually, I shaved off almost 2 weeks of growth this morning with the Captain!

I had a Universal for a while, but found it too bulky. The Parkers gave me better shaves! I also had and sold a Cobra classic. I didn't think it was very well made for the price and it didn't give me a better shave than any other razor I had at the time. I enjoy the Mongoose much more than I did the CC.

I do find myself lusting after some of the razors on this thread, but I'm always looking for lower priced items these days. The IBC still remains out of my reach, and the looks of the Focus do nothing for me. Good job we're all different or we'd have very little to discuss on this epic thread!

Thanks for the tribute! Actually, I shaved off almost 2 weeks of growth this morning with the Captain!

I had a Universal for a while, but found it too bulky. The Parkers gave me better shaves! I also had and sold a Cobra classic. I didn't think it was very well made for the price and it didn't give me a better shave than any other razor I had at the time. I enjoy the Mongoose much more than I did the CC.

I do find myself lusting after some of the razors on this thread, but I'm always looking for lower priced items these days. The IBC still remains out of my reach, and the looks of the Focus do nothing for me. Good job we're all different or we'd have very little to discuss on this epic thread!
You're so very right Brian - it's YMMV all the way here!
I don't enjoy the shave from Parkers and I don't like the looks of the Universals but do find the shaves they give to be superlative.
And yes this is an epic thread :)
It's great to see shavettes coming out of the wilderness and getting the interest they deserve.

You know, I said the Universal was a bit bulky, but I've just ordered one of these White Acrylic Handle Stainless Steel Shaving Razor Straight Blade Folding Knife for Man Facial Beard Clean-in Razor from Beauty & Health on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I'm also waiting to hear from the vendor of the V razor mentioned a little earlier. Shipping came up at about 4 quid despite being in Japan, which is the same as overseas shipping....
I've got one like you've ordered from Aliexpress and it's really solid with those Mad Max Steampunk looks and it's a fierce shaver as well.

And my shipping to U.K. for the DE Pat V was only about £3.00 - go figure!

I'm sure you're much more adept with it but I find that whole Rakuten process intensely complicated and confusing from start to finish. I suppose I've been spoiled by eBay!

Another big plus with shavettes is the price point.
Apart from the Focus Slim and the IBC, all the DE blade models are <£20 and a lot of them are <£10.
And there'll always be more more more to discover!

I've got one like you've ordered from Aliexpress and it's really solid with those Mad Max Steampunk looks and it's a fierce shaver as well.

And my shipping to U.K. for the DE Pat V was only about £3.00 - go figure!

I'm sure you're much more adept with it but I find that whole Rakuten process intensely complicated and confusing from start to finish. I suppose I've been spoiled by eBay!

Another big plus with shavettes is the price point.
Apart from the Focus Slim and the IBC, all the DE blade models are <£20 and a lot of them are <£10.
And there'll always be more more more to discover!

Rakuten is just a horrible website to buy from. I avoid it as much as I can!

I just checked and Amazon Japan has the same razors, but a bit more expensive plus expensive shipping costs, so I'll wait and see if the Rakuten vendor replies to my multiple emails!

View attachment 805842 View attachment 805843 View attachment 805844 I took a chance and order that shavette from alliexpress and i was very pleased by the results. To all the shavette that i've tried that 1 is the closest from a traditional straight feel. Here's some pics. It was very cheap but and the blades who comes whit it are very good to
Awesome - I just got mine and it really does look amazing.
I started a thread about this razor here - it looks worthy of much attention:
Strong Leopard Shavette With Antelope Blades
IMG_8689.JPG

IMG_8691.JPG

Last edited:
So first shave with the big Strong Leopard and that long Jishi blade:
IMG_8692.JPG

A very big heavy and fierce razor.
And that blade is ridiculously sharp, easily Feather+ sharp.
Wow! What a shave - this really is Chinese Artist Club!

Second shave with the Strong Leopard 77-A and that long Jishi blade (2).
What an incredible shave!
IMG_8698.JPG

I am greatly persuaded to this shaving system!

Second shave with the Strong Leopard 77-A and that long Jishi blade (2).
What an incredible shave!
View attachment 809549
I am greatly persuaded to this shaving system!
I was able to shave 7 shaves on one side of the blade, I didn't want to push it to 8th cause at the end of the 7th it did start to pull and tug just a tiny bit. So for me it's 14 shaves out of a single blade and it's very good.

Top Bottom