What's new

Frank's Buffalo Sauce

alishock

I wrap my lips around a lovely pipe
I got given a bottle of Frank's. Planning on bbqing some wings any tips on how to prepare the wings? What to coat them with? So do I simply then toss the wings on the sauce and serve?

I was born and lived in Buffalo New York for half of my life and worked in the food industry and made tons of chicken wings, if you want to have "true" Buffalo wings it is the simplest recipe in the world

1) deep fry the wings (no breading no seasoning no nothing but hot oil)
2) pull wings from fryer and place in a large mixing bowl
3) place approx 1/2 stick of butter in the bowl (enough for 20-30 wings)
4) mix wings with the butter till they are all evenly coated
5) douse wings with Franks Red Hot to taste
6) serve with Blu Cheese Dressing, celery and carrots
the heat can be adjusted with the use of butter (ie more butter less heat)

Cook the wings on the grill on low for about 45 minutes or so. No spices or sauces on them. They should be 165 degrees when done. Once done throw some wings in a bowl that has a lid along with the Frank's hot sauce and shake them to coat them with the sauce. By doing them on the grill they are way healthier and they taste better than anything deep fried from a restaurant.

alishock

I wrap my lips around a lovely pipe
Damn that is a good sauce. BBQ the wings on a little salt and pepper and then mixed them with the sauce. Epic.

I was born and lived in Buffalo New York for half of my life and worked in the food industry and made tons of chicken wings, if you want to have "true" Buffalo wings it is the simplest recipe in the world

1) deep fry the wings (no breading no seasoning no nothing but hot oil)
2) pull wings from fryer and place in a large mixing bowl
3) place approx 1/2 stick of butter in the bowl (enough for 20-30 wings)
4) mix wings with the butter till they are all evenly coated
5) douse wings with Franks Red Hot to taste
6) serve with Blu Cheese Dressing, celery and carrots
the heat can be adjusted with the use of butter (ie more butter less heat)

I've tried every alternative to this recipe I could find. Bake them, and you have baked chicken with Franks sauce and lesser cuts of chicken. Might as well use thighs, legs, and breast pieces. Grill them, and you have grilled chicken with Franks sauce and lesser cuts of chicken. Might as well use thighs, legs, and breast pieces.

Both are excellent uses of chicken and Franks Red Hot Wings Sauce, but it's just baked or bbq chicken with a good sauce.

You can even use Franks as a ribs sauce. Or mix it with ground beef for burgers.

But if you want to use Franks for traditional Buffalo Wings, the recipe above is the one. If you don't fry the wings, you might have good food, but it won't be Buffalo Wings.

The one thing I'll add is that Franks makes the traditional "Red Hot Wings Sauce", a Hot "Red Hot Wings Sauce" and an Extra Hot "Red Hot Wings Sauce". But if you want to amp up the heat, you can either reduce the butter (as suggested above) or add your favorite hot pepper sauce (albeit at the risk of changing the flavor a bit).

Top Bottom