What's new

Help me identify these razors

I was at the antique shop today and I picked up two razor for 14.75. I will be uploading picture shortly but I know one is a tech and another is a super speed but I can't tell what year. Can someone help me after I upload the pictures? How was the price?

Price sounds great. On the base plate of the razors there should be a letter and a number if you give us that we can give you a date. For super speeds if it is pre 51 it may not have date codes in that case there are other ways to narrow down the date of it based on small differences. Same could be for the tech but I know less about techs than I do super speeds.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

If there in those year range are off the better super speed and tech.. Because of a z3 flair tip so what is the difference?

IMG_2565.JPG
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

The super speed is a 48 or 49 I know so because it has the notch but has the whole word package in the triangle inside. There is a way to narrow it down to which year but I can't tell from the picture but it has to do with the hole in the middle and how it is attached to the head.

The super speed is a 48 or 49 I know so because it has the notch but has the whole word package in the triangle inside. There is a way to narrow it down to which year but I can't tell from the picture but it has to do with the hole in the middle and how it is attached to the head.

Are they the better super speed? What is the other one?

Are they the better super speed? What is the other one?
Better than what? A lot of people like this version of the super speeds but to say it is better or worse than others I don't know this is the only one I have tried so far. I plan to get all of the flare tips in the future but at the moment all I have is a 50 which is much like yours.

I would agree, 48-49 on the Super Speed. Tech is 46-50. Both great shavers congrats! :thumbup1:

Is this superspeed better than the z3 Gillette flair tip that is 1954
? Also any advice on cleaning both up better?

Is this superspeed better than the z3 Gillette flair tip that is 1954
? Also any advice on cleaning both up better?
Some guys say the NDC Super Speed is better, but I prefer the 50s Flare myself. Honestly though I haven't met a Super Speed I couldn't get along with. Super Speeds and Techs are pretty close as far as aggressiveness. Techs are more nimble and easier to get into tight places. Super Speeds are easier to change the blade. I reach for a Super Speed more often than a Tech, but a Tech never disappoints when I do grab one.

For cleaning dish soap and a toothbrush. Scrubbing bubbles works well too.

Some guys say the NDC Super Speed is better, but I prefer the 50s Flare myself. Honestly though I haven't met a Super Speed I couldn't get along with. Super Speeds and Techs are pretty close as far as aggressiveness. Techs are more nimble and easier to get into tight places. Super Speeds are easier to change the blade. I reach for a Super Speed more often than a Tech, but a Tech never disappoints when I do grab one.

For cleaning dish soap and a toothbrush. Scrubbing bubbles works well too.

How is the shape of these both razors? Are they decent condition? Is it possible for to make them really clean?

Top Bottom