What's new

Personna blades

So I have been testing personna blades made in the USA. Tonight was my seventh shave with the same blade. The last six shaves were incredibly smooth. Very close shave with no irritation. The seventh shave was still smooth, however It was not as close. I found myself having to make extra passes. The shave on the seventh shave was about the same as my old disposable razors were on the first shave. With my old razors I could only get two uncomfortable shaves. the first DE blades I used were dorco. I got four shaves with those. I'm amazed that I got seven shaves with the personna blade with out razor bumps. The box of 100 will last 700 shaves! For everyday shaving that's close to 2 years of shaves. What a value. I'm so glad I found DE shaving.

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
4 is around my toss number too. Keeping a few razors in the rotation makes it somewhat hard to be exact. But a week is my outside. I just added another 100 count to an order to get over the hump for free shipping. I love saving money with de shaving ;)

For me, it depends on the combo of the razor and blade. On some razors, with a Feather, I can get only two decent shaves. With the AS D2 I can get 6+ shaves. With Personna Labs or Personna Med Prep blades I can get from 5 to 10 shaves depending on the razor.

I typically change by Personna blade every Sunday. (Easier to remember that way.) At first I'd change blades every 3 days because that seemed to be the norm in forum threads. Over time I realized I didn't really see any noticable performance difference from using a blade beyond 3 days. (My shaving technique probably has a lot to do with my results, I guess.) I did, however, find myself becoming annoyed with my growing obsession with counting days between shaves; hence, Sunday means a new blade whether I need to change or not.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have a personna red and i just cant do an atg shave with it on my neck to chin. Wtg they are ok for 3,5 shave.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G531F met Tapatalk

Is this the first blade you have tried? Personnas are great blades, I have about five others that I like as well if not better. If you want a sampler pack I can send some to you.

I have a few different blades. I change at about 3-4 shaves. Keep the paper - you know which blade is in the razor and tear the wings off with each shave. You know exactly where you are.

Love Personna red blades, work great in every razor I have. Generally like someone else mentioned I change them on Sunday's. After 5-6 shaves they don't do as well.

-Stephen

Is this the first blade you have tried? Personnas are great blades, I have about five others that I like as well if not better. If you want a sampler pack I can send some to you.
Yes this was the first blade I have tried besides the ones that came with my razor. Thanks that would be cool.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Like the Sunday regular change schedule especially having a few in the stable. Good idea guys.

I bought a box of the Personna made in the USA blades a couple years back. Good blades.

I don't think they are made in America anymore. If I'm mistaken on that, I'm sure someone will correct me.

I bought a box of the Personna made in the USA blades a couple years back. Good blades.

I don't think they are made in America anymore. If I'm mistaken on that, I'm sure someone will correct me.
Personna Blue and Med Prep are still made in USA AFAIK.
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I am a big Personna fan, especially reds and lab blues. These typically provide 7 or more 3-pass shaves for me. Great blades IME!

Yes this was the first blade I have tried besides the ones that came with my razor. Thanks that would be cool.

I have:

Laser Ultra
Tomac Stainless Steel
Personna Lab Blues
Super Max Platinum
Wilkinson Sword Indian
Rapira Super Stainless
Shark Super Chrome
Lord Platinum
Gillette Silver Blue
Astra Superior Platinum
Super Homex Super Stainless
Dorco ST301

If you message me your address i will send you a couple of each.

Top Bottom