What's new

Suggestions for new de razor after 34c

Looking for suggestions on a new de razor. I have been using the 34c for a while now and am looking to change it up. Looking for something that isn't too aggressive maybe just a little more efficient than the 34c. Any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for suggestions on a new de razor. I have been using the 34c for a while now and am looking to change it up. Looking for something that isn't too aggressive maybe just a little more efficient than the 34c. Any suggestions

Rockwell 6S. It's super. And adjustable. If the 6S is a little to rich in the price tag then try the chrome plated zinc Rockwell 6C which is half the price. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. From mild to wild the Rockwell 6C or 6S has you covered

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Rockwell 6S. It's super. And adjustable. If the 6S is a little to rich in the price tag then try the chrome plated zinc Rockwell 6C which is half the price. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. From mild to wild the Rockwell 6C or 6S has you covered

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk
I couldn't agree more!

Vintage Gillette super speed or adjustable would be my suggestions I am hooked on vintage Gillettes you can keep these high dollar new stuff. I may buy a few of the cheap new ones like a balhi or a weishi or that Future clone just to try them but my heart is set on the vintage stuff. That's just me though if you are set on new stuff I am sure others will chime in on what they feel is the best new stuff to get.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

What did/didn't you like about the 34C, aside from the efficiency?

What did/didn't you like about the 34C, aside from the efficiency?

I like the 34c nothing wrong with it at all. Just looking to try something different a little bit addicted to wet shaving lol

If you're looking for something different you could try an open comb razor. There's no shortage of vintage and new OC razors available. I have a Gillette Bostonian and an iKon, and I enjoy them both. If you want to stick with the same brand, Merkur also do two OCs, the 15C and the 1904, which I've seen get positive reviews.

Last edited:
I like the 34c nothing wrong with it at all. Just looking to try something different a little bit addicted to wet shaving lol

Oh, I get you, believe me! LOL! I'd try an open comb, if you haven't before, as @DMT suggested. They look more intimidating than they actually are. If you like your Merkur, the 15c has a handle very similar (if not the same) to yours. The 1904 has a unique handle that could be interesting. If you want something entirely different try a Sledgehammer. Either way, good luck!

Lots of great razors out there. For cheap there's the Pearl twist-to-open open comb razor. I receive incredible shaves with it and paid $12 for it.

+1 to what @dws said. If you follow the same technique you learned on your 34c you'll have nothing to worry about. OCs tend to be more aggressive than closed combs but extent to which varies from razor to razor. There's no shortage of people on the forum who can advise you. I made the switch to OC because my facial hair grows thick and I found them to be more efficient at tackling 2+ days growth than the closed combs that I tried.

While I loved gillette superspeeds and tech, I find my 34G a more efficient razor and haven't used anything other than my 34G in about 4 years. I would suggest a gillette adjustable or just trying different blades in your 34C. After trying a slew, I settled on Astra SP blades in my 34G, but my son-in-law prefers Feather blades in his 34C.

Where's the best spot to get Gillettes from? If there is such a place?

Where's the best spot to get Gillettes from? If there is such a place?

They pop up on the BST forum here on B&B every once in a while. You can also try the bay. There are tons of vintage Gillette's there. Etsy has them as well.

Top Bottom