What's new

Buying blades in bulk

I've just been buying the 10 packs from cvs, they work really well for me, but I'd rather spend less and buy them in a 100 pack. Where's the best place for me to get 100 packs of blades of similar quality?

Well, what blades are you getting from CVS? I am going to assume that most any blade anyone here recommends will be better quality. Find sellers with 100% positive feedback and the lowest prices on the blades you want. Feathers are good and sharp, fairly smooth and not very forgiving. Gillette Platinums are not quite as sharp as feathers, but they are smoother. Gillette Silver Blues are a pretty good all around blade. People here ( not me) like Astras and Polisilvers. Maybe before you buy 100 blades you may or may not like you should go to tryablade.com and buy a bunch of blades and figure out which ones YOU like.

i'm looking for single edge blades, not DE blades, those are easy to find, and can't be confused with a paint scraper.

i'm looking for single edge blades, not DE blades, those are easy to find, and can't be confused with a paint scraper.

Well, my paint scrapers all take regular razor blades, which don't look at all like SE blades to me. I only use DE so I can be of no further assistance to you.

You Never Know around here. Lol this is what I buy.
proxy.php

Stainless steel PTFE Coated. Good razors you can find them cheaper just search around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean to tell me you guys are shaving with these? Wow. Are these the type of blades that go in say a RR Hawk? Glad I'm a DE guy. :)

You Never Know around here. Lol this is what I buy.
proxy.php

Stainless steel PTFE Coated. Good razors you can find them cheaper just search around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oh nice, i saw 100 of those for 18 bucks, just wasn't sure if they were shaving blades or not. thanks for the help man.

You mean to tell me you guys are shaving with these? Wow. Are these the type of blades that go in say a RR Hawk? Glad I'm a DE guy. :)
i think the RR uses the same blades as feather artisan series. You should try a single edge out one day, in my experience they're smoother than DE, could be the same for you ;)

i think the RR uses the same blades as feather artisan series. You should try a single edge out one day, in my experience they're smoother than DE, could be the same for you ;)

As long as they don't look like the blades that go in my paint scrapers. lol

Well, my paint scrapers all take regular razor blades, which don't look at all like SE blades to me. I only use DE so I can be of no further assistance to you.

Stick around; you might learn something. Many of us (myself included) are former DE users. :thumbup1:

--Bob

Ted Pella, Amazon or eBay. Compare each plus shipping costs before purchase. I have bought most of my bulk Gem blades from Ted Pella.

Stick around; you might learn something. Many of us (myself included) are former DE users. :thumbup1:

--Bob
And you got folks like me that feel comfortable using a straight, Weck, DE, Feather AC, Schick injector, Gem, and now Feather FHS blades. Sometimes, it is best to see what each format has to offer and to use it to your advantage when shaving instead of making fun of something you have no experience with.

Top Bottom