What's new

Sardines-Is it love or hate?

I had a tin of Crown Prince kipper snacks for a light dinner thursday. They will definitely become part of my routine diet, they were delicious. I had a late breakfast with my daughters this morning but plan on throwing down a can of sardines here in a bit, this time Crown Prince brisling sardines. It will be the first time I've tried them. I've stuck with Beach Cliff because they're easy to find here and rather cheap, but it seems there are so much better out there.

Preserved anchovies are an acquired taste for sure. The only times I've actually eaten them is on hor d'oeuvres or when I use anchovie paste for my putanesca sauce. A little too strong for my palate.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
All this talk made me get some today. I don't think I've had any for a few year.

So how do you have yours?

Today was mashed with some of the olive oil they came in, plus lemon juice and malt vinager.
Served on buttered toast piled on thick with salt and pepper.

20170618_131448.jpg

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
All this talk made me get some today. I don't think I've had any for a few year.

So how do you have yours?

Today was mashed with some of the olive oil they came in, plus lemon juice and malt vinager.
Served on buttered toast piled on thick with salt and pepper.

View attachment 797515

I'd eat that.

I'll send you one in the post. :)
Chris & Aaron:
Plus One.png
...send one to me too...but on toasted Jewish Rye Bread w/ mayo, capers & minced onions. :thumbsup:

Sardines - 1.png
"It's hard to ravish a tin of sardines". D.H. Lawrence

Last edited:
family left me alone for dinner tonight. This is what I ate:

IMG_5474.JPG

Sardines on hot rice. Sriracha mayo (wish I had wasabi mayo!). Homemade tsukemono from our neighbor.

Not pictured: ice cold Budweiser...

Just ate some sardines. Man those things are good and eating them brought a lot of memories back. Dad liked to pack sardines in our lunch baskets when we went fishing down at Port Aransas on the Gulf coast. Do y'all like them or hate them?

View attachment 471404View attachment 471405
I go through phases with sardines. I eat them for a while then I get bored and not eat them for a few months and one day I think to myself...gee...some sardines would be nice.

I grew up on the coast and there isn't much in the line of seafood I haven't eaten except for sardines....nope not happenin'

Now on the other hand I sure do love those smoked oysters!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I grew up on the coast and there isn't much in the line of seafood I haven't eaten except for sardines....nope not happenin'

Now on the other hand I sure do love those smoked oysters!
Sardines are just fishy. Oysters are slimy, like cold snot.

Top Bottom