What's new

My next razor.

Hi All:
I'm looking to buy another razor. I've been wet shaving for over a year. I currently own a Merkur 180 and a Parker96R. Both razors I've been enjoying. I'm looking for suggestions. I have been looking at the Edwin Jagger DE89 or the Godfather by Viking, but not sure about either of them.

Don't forget about a Fatboy, Slim, Super Adjustable, post war Tech, New, and Super Speed lol. I love vintage Gillettes, you really can't go wrong with any of them. The pre war Tech is my favorite razor. Razorock old type is also a fine razor for the price.

The pre war Tech and the Razorock old type are mild but efficient razors if that's what you are looking for.

Currently my absolute favorite is iKon X3. It is a very mild and smooth razor. Check a few reviews for this one. Some say it is too mild, but I find it efficient once the good working angle is nailed.

Also, it is not a zamak or pot-metal razor.

It is possible to buy only the head, if you already have a good handle.

I say go vintage. If you like mild, pick up a tech. If you want to try something a little more efficient, pick up a NEW, if you aren't sure, get an adjustable (Slim, Fatboy, Super Adjustable)

I say go vintage. If you like mild, pick up a tech. If you want to try something a little more efficient, pick up a NEW, if you aren't sure, get an adjustable (Slim, Fatboy, Super Adjustable)

Don't forget that you can shim a razor like the Tech or the DE89 to increase the blade gap. Just cut the edges of a few old razor blades and now the Tech is an adjustable too. :)

I'll vouch for the Razorock old type . It's different than what you have and it won't break the bank. Razorock offers great value for the money.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom