What's new

MWF: How many 3 pass shaves in a puck?

I know, YMMV, and this is sort of like inquiring about a woodchuck chucking wood. However, I ordered three pucks today, at a very good price, and now I am wondering how long before I will need to buy soap again. How many shaves in a puck? Best guess?

Well, let's see. Some days I use a pure badger, maybe 19 mm, some days a 21 mm boar, some days I check the DJIA before shaving, and I am right handed, face lather, usually load clockwise, except when there is a full moon, or when I hear those voices in my head. You know the ones, right? Of course, if the wind is from the North, or I am using a Personna blade, I might even do an extra half pass.

Well, let's see. Some days I use a pure badger, maybe 19 mm, some days a 21 mm boar, some days I check the DJIA before shaving, and I am right handed, face lather, usually load clockwise, except when there is a full moon, or when I hear those voices in my head. You know the ones, right? Of course, if the wind is from the North, or I am using a Personna blade, I might even do an extra half pass.
Phew! I am glad you are not crazy or paranoid:)

Phew! I am glad you are not crazy or paranoid:)

Hey, this is a place where people write, "I have a baker's dozen of high end silvertips; what brush should I buy next?"

No one here is crazy.

Not even me. I have 250 razor blades and about eight pucks stashed away and today ordered more stuff. Perfectly sane.

Hey, this is a place where people write, "I have a baker's dozen of high end silvertips; what brush should I buy next?"

No one here is crazy.

Not even me. I have 250 razor blades and about eight pucks stashed away and today ordered more stuff. Perfectly sane.

Sounds like your on a restraint. :a17:

:lol:

No one here is crazy. Not even me. I have 250 razor blades and about eight pucks stashed away and today ordered more stuff. Perfectly sane.

So you're a minimalist?

No one here is crazy.

It's crazy to leave yourself so short on shaving provisions! :lol1:

I've used many MWF pucks over the last ten years and on average, I get about 150 shaves using 24mm knot brushes.

With your 21mm brush, you may get more than this but depends on other factors also.

#forthewin

MWF is always something of a mystery to me. As a 3017er, I tend to unwrap a puck and then use it from go to whoa. This involves wetting the puck enough so that it becomes fully hydrated and swells to fill the MWF dish.

Top Bottom