What's new

Any experience with Le Pere Lucien Italian Barbershop?

the title pretty much sums up the question. Any comments on the scent and performance are greatly appreciated.

I've got four other LPL soaps, and they're all tremendous. Great lather in each case. I wish the scents were a bit stronger, especially the apricot, but I have no other complaints.

I have the original scent LPL soap and find that it is a great performer, I even love the earthy/herbaceous scent. I was curious about the scent and performance of the Italian Barbershop aftershave which is now being offered. Perhaps there is no experience with it yet; not quite sure when it was released.

One of my favorites. Nice alcohol sting if you weren't careful enough shaving. Soothes nicely and leaves my skin feeling moisturized. The scent is kind of a dark/herbal/woodsy mix. Scent doesn't linger. I can smell it for about 1/2 hour, but it's not strong. I don't like long lasting aftershaves, but I wish this one stuck around longer. It's really a unique scent. For some reference, some of my other favorites are Myrsol (Metisol, Aqua Balsamica), and all the Pitralons (especially Swiss).

One of my favorites. Nice alcohol sting if you weren't careful enough shaving. Soothes nicely and leaves my skin feeling moisturized. The scent is kind of a dark/herbal/woodsy mix. Scent doesn't linger. I can smell it for about 1/2 hour, but it's not strong. I don't like long lasting aftershaves, but I wish this one stuck around longer. It's really a unique scent. For some reference, some of my other favorites are Myrsol (Metisol, Aqua Balsamica), and all the Pitralons (especially Swiss).

Kurtis, are you describing the LPL Italian Barbershop aftershave? Do you know how long this type of the aftershave and soap has been available? I hadn't heard of it before this thread.

Kurtis, are you describing the LPL Italian Barbershop aftershave? Do you know how long this type of the aftershave and soap has been available? I hadn't heard of it before this thread.

Good catch. Mine is the "Lotion du Barbier". It's in a round amber bottle. Looks like the LPL Itilian Barbershop is a new product. Apologies folks. :001_rolle

Good catch. Mine is the "Lotion du Barbier". It's in a round amber bottle. Looks like the LPL Itilian Barbershop is a new product. Apologies folks. :001_rolle

No worries. Given my experience with LPL, I suspect the Italian Barbershop will be amazing in both soap and aftershave.

It wasn't a typo, it was a reference to the fact that Phil ships things impossibly fast.

Well that sailed completely over my head.

Really looking for to the reviews when they come out. I've got a special spot in my heart for all things barbershop scented.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I have no experience with LPL aftershaves, but the TRUE Italian barbershop splashes are Proraso Ever-Green and Floid "The Genuine". The range will certainly expand since Proraso now also offers a Red splash, which is available in the large 400ml barbershop-size glass bottle and the new Single Blade balms. The Red is simply magnificent, still have to try the Single Blade balms.

Thanks Marco. I've used Proraso Soaps before but I just ventured into their aftershave (balm) but not the alcohol based yet.
I appreciate the suggestions.

Top Bottom