What's new

MWF Fougere!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
No, Mitchell's Wool Fat soap doesn't have a new scent.

I broke out my MWF puck this week and have been appreciating it's wonderful, though unscented, performance.

As we all know, the puck dries and cracks ... daily. Soaking, or blooming it, heals and seals those cracks.

So today, ere it dried up, I hit it with a few sprays of Houbigant Royale Fougere.

I seem to now have ... An amazing Fougere soap ... Let's see how many shaves the scent lasts. But MWF seems to act like a veritable sponge; why not let it absorb a scent I really like? On its own it only smells like soap.

More after a shave or two. But dang, that soap smells great.

AA

Two of my most favorite things. MWF and Houbigant Fougere Royale. How I wish someone would sell me the soap.

Just a personal anecdote but my MWF isn't cracked. I never soak it, or bloom it and I always leave the top off for a day after using it to completely dry it off.

So far so good, no cracks and lathers like a champ whenever I'm using it.

Two of my most favorite things. MWF and Houbigant Fougere Royale. How I wish someone would sell me the soap.

Just a personal anecdote but my MWF isn't cracked. I never soak it, or bloom it and I always leave the top off for a day after using it to completely dry it off.

So far so good, no cracks and lathers like a champ whenever I'm using it.
I never soak mine either, but it is cracked for sure!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
If it helps, no lid is ever on mine. When I put it in its mug, it absorbed water and grew to fill the sides. And after use, by nightfall, the surface is dry and cracked.

Upon reflection, it's the only soap I've seen do that.

So it should have taken the amazing Houbignant scent well. Hopefully the lather will smell like it.

I restored a Houbignant wooden soap bowl some time ago with spar varnish. It has MdC Fougere in there now, but if this works out, a transfer could be in the works.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Shaved with it. This worked! Lather had amazing Fougere scent.

Now have HRF soap, so to speak, HRF MWF.

AA

I really like the performance of MWF, but at one point I couldn't build a thick lather like I used to. I realized that my brush needed to be cleaned because a white film was building on it. After I cleaned the brush with some shampoo and apple cider vinegar, I was able to get a good lather with MWF again. Has anyone else had this experience? Also, I found that experimenting with cold and warm water changes the lather a little bit.

Top Bottom