What's new

Bigelow after shaves

Twas in Bath and Body Works this morning for the first time in ages and noticed that they have a line of after shaves and balms. A blue, a red, a silver(?), a green, and a bay rum. I guess I had heard of the bay rum before, but never connected it to the chain. How are the blue and green varieties? Is the green anything like Proraso? Is it Proraso?

I didn't want to get too close because I'm doing the year long restraint and I didn't want to stick my head too far into that lion's mouth, so I didn't give them the sniff test.

I wasn't aware B&BW sold Bigelow AS. I know that they sell Bigelow colognes and I have all 4 of them (white/silver, green, blue & black). Their scents are NOTHING like Proraso.

White/Silver has a grapefruit top note. Great summer scent. Blue is the classic aquatic scent. Great for summer as well. The Green is your classic piney/woodsy scent. The Black is more suited for night and a younger crowd.

I wasn't aware B&BW sold Bigelow AS. I know that they sell Bigelow colognes and I have all 4 of them (white/silver, green, blue & black). Their scents are NOTHING like Proraso.

White/Silver has a grapefruit top note. Great summer scent. Blue is the classic aquatic scent. Great for summer as well. The Green is your classic piney/woodsy scent. The Black is more suited for night and a younger crowd.

The White/Silver is my go-to scent ... and I would love that in an A/S. I checked their site just now, didn't see anything about an aftershave though :(

They're back?? Those are some of the best balms I've ever tried. I went through two bottles of Black and one of the Unscented. They were fetching pretty high dollar amounts on the bay since they stopped appearing several years ago. I don't see the Black/Blue/Green/White balms on the website, however. They do list the colognes. Is this in the United States?

The White/Silver is my go-to scent ... and I would love that in an A/S. I checked their site just now, didn't see anything about an aftershave though :(

I wish the same. Love me some Bigelow White Elixir. I wish I knew of an AS that has that grapefruit scent. I'm not aware of any. Great summer scent.

In my original post I apparently was in error when I wrote that Bigelow had after shaves- they were colognes. Sorry if I caused confusion. There were balms in the shop, however.

In my original post I apparently was in error when I wrote that Bigelow had after shaves- they were colognes. Sorry if I caused confusion. There were balms in the shop, however.

I figured there may have been some confusion. I'm sad that those were ever discontinued. The only CO Bigelow balm left is the Bay Rum version which they do not sell at B&BW.

Top Bottom