What's new

Metallic tasting smoke/aftertaste

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Anyone ever experience a metallic sensation when smoking certain tobaccos? It almost feels like I'm chewing tin foil :lol:. This time I was smoking Kajun Kake...maybe the Perique?

That's your darned falcons and kirsten pipes! You're supposed to smoke em not eat em.

J/K I don't know what it is. Never had that myself.

I haven't had a metalic taste from perique but yesterday I got a different taste I don't remember ever getting with it. Yesterday I had a bowl of dunhill elizabethan in my new 321. I used the balsa filter that was already in it when purchased. I got tons of different flavors with the balsa filter in. Alot more of that virginia taste. Also got alot of the spicy almost tongue throbbing spicy from the perique. Anytime I smoke a perique blend I can't retrohale without getting some burning in my sinuses. This bowl I didn't. Retrohaled quite a bit to confirm but no sinus burn. The tongue feel was the weirdest thing I've had yet with perique. Maybe I should try these balsa filters a little more often with different blends. :lol:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
That's your darned falcons and kirsten pipes! You're supposed to smoke em not eat em.

J/K I don't know what it is. Never had that myself.

Lol! Nah, was in a briar! Might have been just a sour flavor?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I haven't had a metalic taste from perique but yesterday I got a different taste I don't remember ever getting with it. Yesterday I had a bowl of dunhill elizabethan in my new 321. I used the balsa filter that was already in it when purchased. I got tons of different flavors with the balsa filter in. Alot more of that virginia taste. Also got alot of the spicy almost tongue throbbing spicy from the perique. Anytime I smoke a perique blend I can't retrohale without getting some burning in my sinuses. This bowl I didn't. Retrohaled quite a bit to confirm but no sinus burn. The tongue feel was the weirdest thing I've had yet with perique. Maybe I should try these balsa filters a little more often with different blends. :lol:

I'll smoke my 320 with a filter in to see if I get the same results!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I wonder if that taste is from the leaking battery the govt installed in my fillings to power the radio installed in my molars.

Top Bottom