What's new

Wilkinson Sword Classic (German) - What your opinion on these blade?

- Wilkinson Sword Classic (German) -
What your opinion on these blade?
How would you rate the blade in terms of sharpness and smoothness ?
proxy.php

Thank you very much :)

For me, they're an ok blade, but nothing special. They're nowhere near as sharp, or long lasting, as vintage English Wilkies, or modern Feathers and Personna Med Preps, and reasonably smooth, but not like GSBs, for example. I'll use them at a pinch, if I need to buy a pack of blades while away from home (they're widely available in the UK), but they wouldn't be my first choice, or second, third or fourth.

Personally, i can't get on with them. Of the razor blades i have used to date, these are the only which i struggle to use without cutting myself. I find them "Edgy" for want of a better word.

I don't like them. They are not anywhere near as sharp as Astra SPs and worse than Derby Extra (per 2016).

Like anything else in shaving, how one rates a razor blade is sooo subjective. I like them. I can purchase them locally, at a reasonable price, and they perform well in all my razors. I can get a dozen or more close, comfortable shaves from a German Wilkie.

So buy a tuck of five and decide for yourself how sharp and smooth they are.

For me German Wilkies are top-notch and hit the trifecta: sharp (but not too sharp), smooth and long-lasting!

YMMV, especially with blades. Definitely worth a trial IMO.

I like them, they're sharp, smooth and comfortable, one of my favourite blades
BUT
I recently tried Silver Star from Egypt and found that I preferred them
I've still got a few tucks of Wilkinson Sword "tucked" away, but when they're (eventually) gone, they're gone

Personally, i can't get on with them. Of the razor blades i have used to date, these are the only which i struggle to use without cutting myself. I find them "Edgy" for want of a better word.
Me too.
I find the India wilkies suit my skin and (dense, soft) beard better, being not as sharp and much smoother.
I get 4 shaves from an Indian Wilkie. First is smooth, 2&3 are "bladeless smooth" and #4 is like #1.
The fact they're half the price of the German wilkies doesn't hurt.

one of the most comfortable and long lasting blades I use. they were my second 100 blade purchase ever.

These blades aren't the sharpest. I can feel it tugging slightly as it cuts through the hair, but I can manage to get one okay shave from them. The blade is mostly comfortable, a middle of the road blade. Like others, I prefer the sharper and smoother Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades.

I find them to be the best of any I've used. Will set a new record for longevity tomorrow, since that will be shave #44, one more than I got out of the Nacet I used. I'm expecting many more shaves.

I get closer shaves with this blade, too, better than Polsilver or Rubie.

But what works for me may not work for you....

Me too.
I find the India wilkies suit my skin and (dense, soft) beard better, being not as sharp and much smoother.
I get 4 shaves from an Indian Wilkie. First is smooth, 2&3 are "bladeless smooth" and #4 is like #1.
The fact they're half the price of the German wilkies doesn't hurt.

I'm in this camp too. The Indian Gillette Wilkinson is one of the biggest "love 'em or hate 'em" blades out there. Personally, I like them better than the German blades too. But some guys really can't stand the Indian Wilkies. I'm glad I get along with them, because you can get 500 for around $30 on eBay. :001_302:

They are my go-to blades. I like them better than Feather or any other blade I've tried so far. At this point, I'll stick with them. As to whether or not they aren't as good as the British Wilkinsons, I can't say. When I started shaving with the original British blades, they were the best, but that was a long time ago and I had no technique (meaning I didn't really know how to shave!). I have not been able to find modern-day British Wilkinsons in order to compare them. The ones i bought were advertised as British, but turned out to be made in Germany. I didn't know there were Indian Wilkies available.

[QUOTE="I didn't know there were Indian Wilkies available.[/QUOTE]
Ebay or Amazon. About $8/100. Free shipping. 2 wks delivery from India.

Top Bottom