What's new

Scrubbing Bubbles (again)

I picked up a can of Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner Penetrating Foam. Is this the correct one to use on vintage safety razors?

proxy.php

ALL WRONG!
The first give away is that on label it says it kills 99.9% viruses and bacteria.
Also, on label list ingredients containing chloride, as in chlorine or bleach.

ALL WRONG!
The first give away is that on label it says it kills 99.9% viruses and bacteria.
Also, on label list ingredients containing chloride, as in chlorine or bleach.

Not bleach: http://www.scjohnson.com/Libraries/...0004381_Scrubbing_Bubbles_XXI_Lemon.sflb.ashx

I'm sure lemon scent and fresh scent differ only by fragrance.

Edit: to be more specific, regular bleach is sodium hypochlorite. Just seeing chloride doesn't automatically mean bleach. After all, I regularly add sodium chloride to my food and it hasn't killed me yet.

Last edited:
Guys, thanks for info.:)

Well, I cleaned all three new razor acquisitions iwth Foam Scrubbing bubbles with no loss of plating whatsoever.:)

My (Overkill) method:

Washed with Dawn Antibacterial soap scrubbing with soft toothbrush and allowed it to soak for ten minutes or so.
Rinsed thoroughly.
Sprayed on Scrubbing bubbles, allowed to penetrate for a minute, scrubbed lightly with a toothbrush, rinsed thoroughly.
Then all three got a 20 minute bath in Barbicide.:) Rinsed thoroughly, towel dried and allowed to dry overnight.:)

All three look wonderful! Hanging on my chrome plated razor stand, you can immediately see how distinct the nickel plating is.

I used the 1948/1949 Gillette Super Speed this morning and had an outstanding shave!:)

Guys, thanks for info.:)

Well, I cleaned all three new razor acquisitions iwth Foam Scrubbing bubbles with no loss of plating whatsoever.:)

My (Overkill) method:

Washed with Dawn Antibacterial soap scrubbing with soft toothbrush and allowed it to soak for ten minutes or so.
Rinsed thoroughly.
Sprayed on Scrubbing bubbles, allowed to penetrate for a minute, scrubbed lightly with a toothbrush, rinsed thoroughly.
Then all three got a 20 minute bath in Barbicide.:) Rinsed thoroughly, towel dried and allowed to dry overnight.:)

All three look wonderful! Hanging on my chrome plated razor stand, you can immediately see how distinct the nickel plating is.

I used the 1948/1949 Gillette Super Speed this morning and had an outstanding shave!:)

There is only one problem with your method...WHERE ARE THE PICTURES! Yeah...if there is one rule around here it is..."Pics or it didn't happen.":001_smile

I just remember during my Hazmat training, any chemical containing Chloride as being corrosive to metal.
This more or less what I meant. As combination my not be bleach by name will be corrosive to metal, always.

Same stuff I used to clean up a seriously gunked Fatboy. Hot water soaks over and over loosened / cleaned the gunk that wasn't on the surface.

Top Bottom