What's new

Outside your comfort zone

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The stuff you always cook...its good boy, and you're proud of it, yes Siree. Does your taste buds (connected directly to your brain) allow anything other than the "comfort zone???" I get it, I'm a Mexican food fanatic and retreat there often under a warm cozy blanket. My challenge to you is:

Tell us what you'd like to make that is eating at your craw.

Tandoori style chicken in a smoker. Yogurt for binder, tandoori spices for the rub, maybe almond wood for smoke?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Ok, outside my comfort zone is those Sunday afternoon French pates. Hubert Keller on CreateTV made a batch that looked heavenly. He said there was always some in the frig growing up.

Rolling my own (no pun intended) sushi/California roll is another.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Tandoori style chicken in a smoker. Yogurt for binder, tandoori spices for the rub, maybe almond wood for smoke?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I've marinated a spatchcock chicken in a tandoori paste and smoked it. Yum.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
What? I don't beleive it. How is it a kiwi boy has and you have not. :shocked:
Maybe it's because if I don't not make my own, I would never had got to try them.
I know, I know. I'll need to update my bucket-list food goals. I think a nice smoked shredded pork butt would be a good tamale filling.

With all the fresh seafood you have, I'd like to see you make a gumbo.

There are lots of things outside my comfort zone here are the ones I actually want to make:

Those colorful rolled lollypops
Bread in a wood fired oven
Paella

Ethiopian food. No lie. I love the stuff, and went out for it regularly when I lived in NY about 20 yrs ago, but had not had it for that long until a week ago. The flavors are unique and bold, spicy with berbere sauce, and delivers both meat and vegetarian dishes. The injera bread is a staple and made with teff flour and levain.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I know, I know. I'll need to update my bucket-list food goals. I think a nice smoked shredded pork butt would be a good tamale filling.

With all the fresh seafood you have, I'd like to see you make a gumbo.

A smoked pork would make a nice tamale. So when is this happening?

We are spoilt for choice with seafood. I think a seafood paella is something I would like to make.
Gumbo does sound nice as well.

Top Bottom