What's new

Synthetic brushes - WD vs RR advice needed

I'm considering buying one of the following brushes:
1. Whipped Dog 24mm synthetic with a Barber handle
2. Razorock 24mm plissoft Bruce
3. Razorock 24mm synthetic silvertip

Does anyone have any insights into how the knots and handles compare ?

Ps: I always face lather, use hard soaps, dislike scritch, and like handles that don't slip out of your hand easily.

I have a Whipped Dog in a 24mm synthetic and I have a RazoRock 26mm Big Bruce. They are both very soft without much scritch at all. You can't go wrong either way. They are very close in how they feel.

RazoRock Plissoft on the left, RazoRock Plissoft Silvertip on the right.
They are both wonderful for face lathering, especially with RazoRock soaps.
Extremely soft tips, with firm backbone, and no scritch. Two of my favorites.
IMG_1859.JPG

Can you feel any differences in the plissoft vs silvertip knots ? Which handle do you think works better ?

I have a Whipped Dog in a 24mm synthetic and I have a RazoRock 26mm Big Bruce. They are both very soft without much scritch at all. You can't go wrong either way. They are very close in how they feel.

Does one splay any easier than the other ?
How do the handles compare ?

Here is the picture of the WD and RR Big Bruce. Keep in mind that the WD is a 24mm and RR is a 26mm. They are both very soft and splay nicely. I favor the RR only because it is bigger and the handle is unique.

DSC_0002.JPG

JohnG10
New Can you feel any differences in the plissoft vs silvertip knots ? Which handle do you think works better ?

I really like them both equally. The silvertip is perhaps "a tiny bit" softer and looks more distinctive, and both handles work fine. It's a matter of personal preference between the two. For me, at the very affordable prices, I'm happy to have both brushes. If you're only going to buy one, flip a coin and make a choice. You can't go wrong with either one. Have fun !

I have to say, I have a whipped dog synth and it really is nowhere near as nice as my plissoft monster. Perhaps WD has moved up to the plissoft style synthetic and mine is just an old one, but my Razorock is far superior.

I have a WD 24mm and love it. I recall it being stiffer (backbone) at first but it broke in very nice.

Not to add more difficulty in choosing but Maggard synthetics are quite nice. They aren't expensive and have somewhat unique handles.

I've not used the RR so I can't say anything about it. I do know the WD synthetic is better than the various generic options and similar to the Maggard. Although I might say the maggard is a bit softer.

Top Bottom