What's new

Bark or no barking

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I watched the finials of BBQ Pitmasters yesterday. Their pork and brisket, which included so called burnt ends, had no bark. There was BBQ sauces and glazes splashed everywhere and on everything. Is this some type of new trend? Aren't burnt ends supposed to have nice bark (hence the word "burnt") with a succulent middle? They also placed their brisket and pork into an aluminum pan covered with foil and the meat was emerged in broth and butter. How does the smoke get to the meat when it's covered with foil? To me that's just roast beef, not BBQ smoked brisket. I'm at a loss here how this can be considered true smoke meats. I'm sure they are tasty...but???

Give me true smoked meat with some bark or give me...just give me a bowl of Lucky Charms cereal.

Ahhem.....(taps mic)....that's comp BBQ, I wouldn't serve that to my friends, family, or people paying for it.

Comp BBQ and real BBQ are two very different things. What you saw Aaron is typical of comp BBQ and we do many of the same things!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
proxy.php

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
we like bark!!

proxy.php
Looks good. For the record, I wasn't really slammingg NYers, it was a Pace Picante commercial reference. Being from Cleveland, I know that good BBQ can be had up north, due mainly to the Great Migration.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Get a rope!!

Dad and I are heading to see my brother in Liberty Hills, Texas. On the way we are stopping at Black's BBQ in Lockhart, Texas. They best not be serving competition BBQ or they won't get our business.
Last night I looked up their menu on the web and it sure didn't look like what Aaron described!!
BARK ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Get a rope!!

Dad and I are heading to see my brother in Liberty Hills, Texas. On the way we are stopping at Black's BBQ in Lockhart, Texas. They best not be serving competition BBQ or they won't get our business.
Last night I looked up their menu on the web and it sure didn't look like what Aaron described!!
BARK ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!

I like Black's as well as Kreuz's. You better go to both just to make sure. :001_smile

Pictures are you weren't there.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I have to move to Texas when I retire. Will I get shot if I also bbq pork shoulder?

Top Bottom