What's new

Barbasol brisk vs Skin bracer???

Neither is particularly long lasting. But I think Skin Bracer holds out just a little longer. Scent wise they are similar. I like them equally. Price is probably why I have a bottle of Brisk in storage, and not Skin Bracer.

I find them both fairly long lasting. Used Brisk the other day and noticed the scent later in the day. That pleasantly surprised me.

Brisk seems (to my brain) to combine elements of Skin Bracer And Aqua Velva Blue. Maybe ⅔ Skin Bracer and ⅓ Aqua Velva.

Buy both. Depending on where you buy them, you'll have change in your pocket from a fiver.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I find them both fairly long lasting. Used Brisk the other day and noticed the scent later in the day. That pleasantly surprised me.

Brisk seems (to my brain) to combine elements of Skin Bracer And Aqua Velva Blue. Maybe ⅔ Skin Bracer and ⅓ Aqua Velva.

I go along with @phoeg , and his avatar is amusing also.

Why not brut? I know it doesn't answer your question but dollar general sells the generic which is distributed by brut for $1.85 and I'm pretty sure it's the real thing. I think Barbasol is fine as I have some but brut is where it's at.

I go along with @phoeg , and his avatar is amusing also.

Thanks. That's good old Conrad Poohs of Monty Python fame. Look up that name and you'll see he's not just pretty teeth! He's well shaven and sharply dressed! He's The Man! ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I enjoy both. Just this morning I enjoyed a shave with Williams Mug Soap, Skin Bracer, and a couple of little spots of Mennen Afta. A classic shave circa 1960!

I like skin bracer over Brisk. I also have a 50/50 mix of Skin Bracer and Osage rub in an old and clean Tobasco bottle. That is truely an amazing home brew scent and "brisk" chill feel on the face. It's called "Green Freeze" here in B&B.

Used about ⅓ Skin Bracer & ⅔ Brisk this morning. Working well & complementary scents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love both. Noses are all different, but to me the Skin Bracers dries down to a somewhat vanilla scent where the Brisk maintains it's initial scent until it's gone.

Top Bottom