What's new

Quick Dinner when the boss says cook something - B'Fast Burros

You know that age old story....
"Hi Honey... how is your day Going?"
Fine, what do you feel like for dinner?"
I don't know.. whatever.

Then the never ending discussion begins, LOL. Or if the boss calls and says cook something when you get home. You really don't feel like it, not bringing home any fast food crap.

Time to Raid the Fridge, bring out the Magical cast iron skillet and see what happens. Here a quick and tasty recipe for Sausage, egg and Veggie burros, good form Bfast, Lunch, Dinner or a snack. Usually we do Pork Chorizo but this was a nice change up

Ingredients:
1 green bell pepper
1 Orange Bell pepper
1 small Chub of Jimmy Dean Spicy Hot Sausage
10 Eggs
1/2 red Onion
Homemade Tortillas
Tater Tots.
Salt / Pepper / Cumin
Ketchup / Hot sauce of choice
Fiesta blend shredded cheese

Heat a 12 in. cast iron skillet on high, add a pad of butter and throw the sliced onions and dice peppers in to sweat and carmelize the onions a bit. Add sausage and brown.

proxy.php

add eggs to continue the mash up, all the while heating the Tater tots.

Add the eggs and scramble. once partially cooked create a flat layer, and press to give a nice brown and seared texture. Flip once or twice and mix up again. Meanwhile heat the tortilla on a flat griddle on high 30 seconds each side
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Some Assembly Required...

proxy.php

of course on the finest china.

Plate and serve. Not a life altering recipe, but perfect for a Monday night, lazy dinner, and as a bonus you have enough for breakfast for a few days.

proxy.php

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Oh, that sounds like my house. The hardest thing on a work night, is working out to make.
My daily back and forth normal goes. What do you fell like for dinner, which she always replies, I don't know what do you feel like. But I always ask LOL.

That looks very tasty but it needs more hot sauce. :)

Oh, that sounds like my house. The hardest thing on a work night, is working out to make.
My daily back and forth normal goes. What do you fell like for dinner, which she always replies, I don't know what do you feel like. But I always ask LOL.

That looks very tasty but it needs more hot sauce. :)
LOL chris, I do too, Cholula is a quick go to, plus any hotter and she gets mad, LOL. I have been meaning to make a sweet corn, Mango and Habanero salsa, just have been to lazy, LOL

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Very nice Dave. You must have read my mind because a breakfast burrito is all I could think about yesterday.

I don't have that conversation with the LOML. We plan our meals out for each day of the week and then..."I"...cook them. Don't get all excited, we're not completely organized.

When blanks occur... eggs are invaluable. Terrific improv on the Burritos, that's cooking, take what you have and make it happen.

We plan out a weeks menu at a time then shop to it so there's no blank stares at dinner time. Comes together Wednesday night then i hit the farmer's market Thursday for most supplies.

dave

Thanks Gents. We have tried the meal planning thing, then end up having a bunch of stuff go bad, as we change out minds, LOL. then tried the huge pre-cook menu plan and months later found stuff in the freezer that was not immediately identifiable, LOL. Problem is she does not think about food and is happy as a clam eating a can of peas for dinner, LOL so now we are back to winging it and having that daily round-about conversation, Default always ends up Mexican Food, LOL

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Thanks Gents. We have tried the meal planning thing, then end up having a bunch of stuff go bad, as we change out minds, LOL. then tried the huge pre-cook menu plan and months later found stuff in the freezer that was not immediately identifiable, LOL. Problem is she does not think about food and is happy as a clam eating a can of peas for dinner, LOL so now we are back to winging it and having that daily round-about conversation, Default always ends up Mexican Food, LOL

Get the grill fired up (return back to the house because you forgot the beer). Grill a few chicken thighs or breast, some sausage links, a few turkey/hamburger patties, a few pork chops and some shrimps. Freeze everything. Take out what you want when you want. Basically you are just cooking 1 day per week...the rest is just heating it up.

Tortilla scramblers that's what we call em.

On quick days I am known to throw some burger on the bbq or even some hot dogs, with two kids now we keep it simple. When it's colder outside I know it's probably blasphemy in these parts but you can't beat a box of kraft mac and cheese, throw in a cut up hot dog, or 3 eggs scrambled.

LOL chris, I do too, Cholula is a quick go to, plus any hotter and she gets mad, LOL. I have been meaning to make a sweet corn, Mango and Habanero salsa, just have been to lazy, LOL
I'm a big fan of the flavor profile on the Cholula, even if it's not really on the "hot" scale over all.

Good looking fast toss together meal. I do the shopping, so I keep a general setup of versatile fast to grab ingredients for those times I suddenly have to put together something.

I'm a big fan of the flavor profile on the Cholula, even if it's not really on the "hot" scale over all.

Good looking fast toss together meal. I do the shopping, so I keep a general setup of versatile fast to grab ingredients for those times I suddenly have to put together something.
Thanks, Sorry Dustin I guess I should have posted this in the "Whats cooking" 2017 thread feel free to move it if ya want, If was kind of an afterthought while making dinner last night

We call it B for D and is really the only time we have the time to cook a full blown breakfast. Pancakes, eggs, bacon or sausage make a dandy dinner and pretty quick.

Top Bottom