What's new

Barbers

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Nope. They would probably get ran out of town. I can't find any good barbers around here. I've tried at least 5. They all want to give the same hair cut. They can take you bald, cut it short, or cut it medium. But they are not stylists.

I'd drive an hour for a barber like that.

Nope. They would probably get ran out of town. I can't find any good barbers around here. I've tried at least 5. They all want to give the same hair cut. They can take you bald, cut it short, or cut it medium. But they are not stylists.

I'd drive an hour for a barber like that.

Couldn't agree more. Something about our "Great Clips" culture that takes the art out of it. I have had to settle for a chain where I don't make an appointment, I don't know the persons name, and they mess up the cut every time....

I need to move to Italy lol

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Couldn't agree more. Something about our "Great Clips" culture that takes the art out of it. I have had to settle for a chain where I don't make an appointment, I don't know the persons name, and they mess up the cut every time....

I need to move to Italy lol

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

I've been to the chain places twice. Both times I wasn't impressed at all and left with a haircut I didn't want. I never get upset though because it's just hair, it grows back. And mine grows quick I think. But what I don't understand is that even the private owned barbershops have a repertoire of 2-4 haircuts. Every guy walks out with the same cut.

Faded, blended, or buzzed.

Besides the fact I'm not sure if you could pay me enough to walk around with that haircut.......

If I'm sitting waiting for a haircut and see the barber in the same portion of the head, use the clippers, then the clippers again, then a straight razor, then clippers AGAIN, I'm walking out. Grossly inefficient.

I live in a small town. We used to have 3 barbershops. Now we have zero. Maybe could build a monument to honor barbershops lost.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I live in a small town. We used to have 3 barbershops. Now we have zero. Maybe could build a monument to honor barbershops lost.
Yes, I've closed up shop myself. Too much competition for me with the "chains" and an artist is never appreciated or paid enough. That's one of the reasons I became a nurse...

Top Bottom