What's new

Any Dark Shadows fans out there?

Last summer I stumbled upon the 1960s TV series "Dark Shadows"...an early soap opera in black and white. Great show. I can see how it became a cult classic. I am currently on episode 145. Any other fans out there?

I was a preteen when the show ran and I remember that I used to run all the way home from school so I could get there in time to watch it. I know the show ran for a while before Barnabas showed up but I never knew the show without the character. I revisited the series for a dozen episodes or so a while back and it was some good nostalgia for me. Back in the day, the show was filmed/taped live and they didn't do re-shoots so it was kind of fun to spot the "clams".

I was a preteen when the show ran and I remember that I used to run all the way home from school so I could get there in time to watch it. I know the show ran for a while before Barnabas showed up but I never knew the show without the character. I revisited the series for a dozen episodes or so a while back and it was some good nostalgia for me. Back in the day, the show was filmed/taped live and they didn't do re-shoots so it was kind of fun to spot the "clams".

And the Friday afternoon cliffhangers! How about all of those secret passageways in Collinwood? Coolest house ever.

My grandmother never missed it. I remember Jonathan Frid being rather creepy as Barnabas. I think it may be available on Hulu but will have to check.

NetFlix streaming had it for a while, not sure if they still do or not. I loved it as a 12 year old back in the day. When Netflix picked it up I tried watching it and lasted about 10 minutes before I was thoroughly bored.

NetFlix streaming had it for a while, not sure if they still do or not. I loved it as a 12 year old back in the day. When Netflix picked it up I tried watching it and lasted about 10 minutes before I was thoroughly bored.
Yes, there is no doubt the pace is somewhat slower than today's shows..and the plot is a tad lame...but for vintage value alone its a walk down memory lane...its like a time capsule.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
My mom loved that show. She even got me watching the remake from the 80s when I was a kid.

Top Bottom