What's new

Mixing Bay Rum

This morning I was almost out of my three bottles of bay rum aftershave lotion. DOMINIAC, ROYALL and CLUBMAN so as any cheap person would do I mixed all three together thinking that being all bay rum aroma with only a slight differance it would be alright. Boy, was I ever wrong in plain English it turned into trash. Funny three nice products all a little differant but when mixed together it turned into a real foul smell. :frown: :frown:

Stanley

I mixed a small amount oF Caswell-Masseys Michelsen's Bay Rum, and a small amount of Burts Bee Bay rum in a 6 oz bottle of Pianud's Bay Rum and it came out nice.

Well, for me it turned out three good products equels one bad product.

I'm sure one of you who is a professor can work out a formular for this.

3 good =1 bad:eek: :eek:

Stanley

If I can hijack this thread, I like bay rum aftershave; it's traditional and simple. I'm currently about halfway through a bottle of Royall, but I'm not sure it is really worth its premium price. What's the thinking here about other bay rums on the market?

I think CLUBMAN Bay Rum is very good, nice aroma and is very cheap.

Royall bay rum is only so so.

Don't do what I did and mix differant brands together, It does not work out.:c17:

I could have warned you, Stan. My mother use to mix together ice cream to save space in the refrigerator when the containers were getting low. It never works; certainly doesn't add up to the sum of the parts. Thanks for the advice on Clubman.

This morning I was almost out of my three bottles of bay rum aftershave lotion. DOMINIAC, ROYALL and CLUBMAN so as any cheap person would do I mixed all three together thinking that being all bay rum aroma with only a slight differance it would be alright. Boy, was I ever wrong in plain English it turned into trash. Funny three nice products all a little differant but when mixed together it turned into a real foul smell. :frown: :frown:

Stanley

This one deserves resurrection, if only for the OP. :001_rolle

Well, the trick isn't to mix up expensive AS, you gotta' mix up the cheapies. That right there was where his troubles began. I specifically love playing around with my cheap bay rum bottles, they are the best!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Well, the trick isn't to mix up expensive AS, you gotta' mix up the cheapies. That right there was where his troubles began. I specifically love playing around with my cheap bay rum bottles, they are the best!

Bingo! If I put out alot of cash for an expensive Aftershave, it already should have everything and not need nothing.

Top Bottom