What's new

Which razor should a try next? Newbie.

Just started DE shaving a little.over a month ago.

I started with a weishi, but found it wayy to mild.

So i moved on to a RedTip which seems to be the perfect aggressiveness for quick careless shaves, no blood.

Now i just picked up slim, which at 7 i got my first weeper, wasnt being too careful.

Before i got the slim i was thinking of doing a fatboy, but now i have reconsidered, as the slim head makes it really easy to get under nose hairs, and i wouldnt want anything for sure with a larger profile than my redtip.

Budget ide like to stay under $100.
I dont wanna go too much less aggressive than a slim on 5, or red tip. More aggressive is fine.

So i was kinda leaning towards a futur or some sort of slant, just to try something new.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

A Gillette Pre war fat handle Tech. Wont cost much and its a great razor. Also a Gillette Single Ring More aggressive than a Tech Can be had Very reasonable. Just my opinion. :001_cool:

I don't mean to barge in on this but I figured I have the same question, and didn't wanna post the same thing

I have the RR Mission and it doesn't seem very aggressive what would be the next step up, to from this Razor?,

An Old Type would be something worth looking into. Or an adjustable could do the trick, like a Variant or Rockwell 6s. Since you already have a Gillette adjustable, there are so many to chose from. The Futur for some not as maneuverable around the nose/mustache area, though never an issue for me. Plenty of razors to choose from out there and plenty under $100... Good luck.

Fatip Piccolo. Nice little all-brass open comb razor. Also costs about 30 bucks. Pretty aggressive, but effective too - especially on a 2-3 days stubble.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I have to ask, do you really want to get another razor after only a month of DE shaving? You might want to stick with what you have for a while, enjoy them, learn more about how each shaves, while continuing to research other razors. You may find yourself leaning towards a particular type of razor in another few months, or even decide to try out straights. Just a thought.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Fatip Piccolo. Nice little all-brass open comb razor. Also costs about 30 bucks. Pretty aggressive, but effective too - especially on a 2-3 days stubble.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Do this. You will not regret it.
Absolutely, on the Fatip Piccolo. If you collect vintage, current production, or both, the Piccolo in my opinion is a must have. For a current production razor it transcends time, and is so smooth and efficient (and it is all stamped brass for twenty dollars).

I do really love my gillettes, im not tied to vintage at all. Im just looking to try something different.

The piccolo and the rockwell 6s look pretty interesting.

I'd definitely recommend going open comb or slant! The Gillette Old or New would be a great OC and I've heard great things about Fatip as well. You've got plenty of slant options and I've had good experience with the RazoRock 37, which is a nice budget option.

I have to ask, do you really want to get another razor after only a month of DE shaving? You might want to stick with what you have for a while, enjoy them, learn more about how each shaves, while continuing to research other razors. You may find yourself leaning towards a particular type of razor in another few months, or even decide to try out straights. Just a thought.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I concur with these thoughts. You have a Slim (i know under the nose is not ideal for you). Crank it up and shave if you want aggressive. Shave for 3 months trying what you have. I, like you, went up the razor aggression ladder when I was first starting out. Now I have 6 razors I never use. Try using sharper/est blades in your razors. That can change the shave dramatically.

But if you must buy something get something cheap. RR slab, PAA bakelight, etc.

i dont need more aggressive. I just dont want much less aggressive.

Im mostly looking for something that may give me a different experience. Which i think a slant or opencomb may fit the bill.

Its like i started with a Toyota camry, moved to a mustang, then to a corvette.

Now i wanna try a Tesla or turbo model T.

Top Bottom