What's new

Aristocrat Adjustable?

Today I picked up a razor I didn't know existed--this is why I love this hobby :thumbup:

I thought I bought a replated fatboy, but when I got home it turned out to be what I think is a 1963 I-1 Aristocrat Adjustable. At the very least, it is a nice gold replated Slim.

Who knows why Gillette loved the Aristocrat name so much that it got stuck on so many products, but it makes collecting different pieces pretty fun.

Posting a pic is different with this new set-up, but here is my attempt

20170318_140103.jpg

Hi,

They used the name Aristocrat on the gold plated Super Adjustable as well. I think that was the last time, but I would not be surprised if it turned out they used it on a Fusion....

I think the first time was on a gold plated Thin Cap Old Type with a bell (not ball) end handle.

Stan

Great pick up. I believe that's the last time they used the Aristocrat title.

Hi,

They used the name Aristocrat on the gold plated Super Adjustable as well. I think that was the last time, but I would not be surprised if it turned out they used it on a Fusion....

I think the first time was on a gold plated Thin Cap Old Type with a bell (not ball) end handle.

Stan

Thanks for the info, everyone. I will anxiously await the Fusion Mach III Sensor Turbo Aristocrat :tongue_sm

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Hi,

Stan
Thanks, Stan! I did not know that! Another great day.[emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Today I picked up a razor I didn't know existed--this is why I love this hobby :thumbup:

I thought I bought a replated fatboy, but when I got home it turned out to be what I think is a 1963 I-1 Aristocrat Adjustable. At the very least, it is a nice gold replated Slim.

Who knows why Gillette loved the Aristocrat name so much that it got stuck on so many products, but it makes collecting different pieces pretty fun.

Posting a pic is different with this new set-up, but here is my attempt

View attachment 776612

Beautiful razor! Congrats.

Top Bottom