What's new

Colorectal Cancer Awareness - Check your 6

On Friday, March 3, please "Go Blue", wearing blue for the day. Like pink is worn for breast cancer awareness, blue is used to raise awareness for colorectal cancer. For the month of March, please change your avatar to a blue one supporting colorectal cancer awareness.

Here is the link to a very important message on colorectal cancer screening:

INFO! - March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month: Check Your 6

Be sure to catch the March 6th B&B podcast/YouTube video interview, discussing this very topic. Don't worry or wonder, get checked!

Last edited:
This is a very touching message here. Colon cancer runs in my family and I have discussed this with my Dr. I just turned 39 yesterday, and during my annual health check at the end of this year, I will be doing a colinoscamy. My father, grandfather and uncle have all had polyps removed, and my grandfather actually died from colon cancer.

Again, thank you for getting this message sent out. I have a lot of friends that are turning 40 this year, so I will do my best to get your message or there as well.

Thank you,
Leroy

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Had a fellow rider on a bike forum die of it and encouraged all to do before he passed on. No family history but got it done 2 and a half years ago when 50 and was told come again in 10 years. The stuff to drink wasn't an issue for me at all as some complain about. I just told myself drink it all because there is no point in going through with it unless they get a good clean look. Very simple easy thing to do. Man up guys and getirdone.

Had a fellow rider on a bike forum die of it and encouraged all to do before he passed on. No family history but got it done 2 and a half years ago when 50 and was told come again in 10 years. The stuff to drink wasn't an issue for me at all as some complain about. I just told myself drink it all because there is no point in going through with it unless they get a good clean look. Very simple easy thing to do. Man up guys and getirdone.

And Gals, too!

I'm not 50 yet, but I've had mild IBS symptoms for the past 10 years, so my GI doc and I decided to go ahead and take a look. It's really not that bad. All-in-all, maybe 24 hours of mild discomfort. It's worth it.

Definitely not looking forward to that. Checking your 6 seems to be standing room only? They scheduled me for mid April, said it was their next opening.
Everyone tells horror stories of the stuff to drink and not getting it down. I didn't see what all the fuss was about. Not great tasting but wasn't horrendous. Best wishes for a problem free procedure!!

It really is an easy procedure today. Years ago it was a lot more grueling but not now.
Sometimes they give option of a local and you're awake for procedure. I said knock me out. I don't want to be awake while you're poking around back there. :out: But yes. Simple and easy procedure.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
It really is an easy procedure today. Years ago it was a lot more grueling but not now.

I had a friend get the procedure last year and they accidentally, perforated his colon. He died 10 days later from complications due to an infection in his colon. He was on his honeymoon. The kind of tragic story they make movies about I know and it does make me feel a bit apprehensive even though I know he was probably 0000.1% of something like that happening. He was only 42 years old.

I had a friend get the procedure last year and they accidentally, perforated his colon. He died 10 days later from complications due to an infection in his colon. He was on his honeymoon. The kind of tragic story they make movies about I know and it does make me feel a bit apprehensive even though I know he was probably 0000.1% of something like that happening. He was only 42 years old.
Wow, soooooo sorry to here that!

The stuff I had to drink didn't even taste that bad. Was not a problem at all.

The standing room only line was true for me too. They do these all day long every day. Took me a couple months to get in too.

very fortunate that there's no history in my family. I got a 10 year warranty during my last colonoscopy

I'm due this spring. Will be going in soon. I never worry about it; it's a little inconvenience for a lot of peace of mind.

Top Bottom