What's new

My new beard and moustache.

So, not exactly new. But I've been growing it out since just before Christmas. I'm shaving my neck and my upper cheeks to keep it looking neat. Other than that I haven't trimmed it at all. I've never grown a beard before (tried once, but got too itchy after a couple weeks and gave up, also part of the reason for shaving my neck.). This is kind of an experiment in seeing what kind of beard I can grow, and how I look with one.

I just started with the handlebar a couple days ago. My clubman wax wasn't cutting it, so I ordered some Capt Fawcett's.

So, what do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_2978.JPG
    IMG_2978.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 86
That's a great looking beard and I like the handlebar (is that what it's called?) mustache.

What's the backstory with the bottles over your right shoulder? Are those vintage?

Great looking beard and mustache KJ! :thumbup1:

Clubman is the only wax I've tried, but I like more of a natural look and feel. I usually don't even use wax, just a little beard oil keeps mine looking neat enough for me. I do occasionally put a little more wax in and give it a slight twist, but definitely more of a subtle western than a true handlebar.

No spiders in the photo, have you been kidnapped?
Lol, and no spider-man shirt either!
What's the backstory with the bottles over your right shoulder? Are those vintage?
The rack behind me houses my aftershave collection. Probably 90-95% glass bottles, and 80-90% vintage. The bottles in question are Avon Apothecary bottles. Originally all held Avon Spicy, but now I have one for each scent of vintage Avon.

The rack behind me houses my aftershave collection. Probably 90-95% glass bottles, and 80-90% vintage. The bottles in question are Avon Apothecary bottles. Originally all held Avon Spicy, but now I have one for each scent of vintage Avon.

Very nice!

Get yourself a good Kent mustache brush and start "training" that handlebar. Maybe once you get it grown out some, you could try shaving some of it down into a "Van Dyke" style (think The Three Musketeers).

Get yourself a good Kent mustache brush and start "training" that handlebar. Maybe once you get it grown out some, you could try shaving some of it down into a "Van Dyke" style (think The Three Musketeers).

I like that idea. Thanks!

Ok, so it's time to cut the beard. It's been almost two and a half months. Here's what it looks like now. It's getting kinda shaggy.

proxy.php

And here it is fluffed up, for that Grizzly Adams look.
proxy.php

So, here it is after the big trim and my first good shave in over two months. Man that felt good!

What do you think of the new look? I like it more than I thought I would.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my Spider-Phone

Looks good!
Do you always do full curls on the mustache, or do you change it up? I think it would look good as a western too.

Looks terrific.. I'm jealous of those handlebars.. mine are pretty unruly even with Loma Wax Strong.. I've just tried the Zeus Gel Wax.. that stuff hold like iron....

Now grow your hair out a little...
Not a chance. I let my hair grow for about a month, then it gets too long and I can stand it, and I have to cut it again.

Looks good!
Do you always do full curls on the mustache, or do you change it up? I think it would look good as a western too.
Unless I'm being lazy on the weekend, I always start with the curls. If I'm just working at my desk, it stays like that the whole day. If I'm out working on the aircraft, sometimes it ends up looking like a western by the end of the day.

Looks terrific.. I'm jealous of those handlebars.. mine are pretty unruly even with Loma Wax Strong.. I've just tried the Zeus Gel Wax.. that stuff hold like iron....
Thanks. I've been using Captain Fawcett's Sandalwood wax. I'm pretty happy with it.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
That handlebar is starting to look great, KJ!

P.S. Captain Fawcett Sandalwood is my #1 moustache wax and, usually, I use in in combo with Uppercut Mo Wax. So, Captain Fawcett first for hold and Uppercut Mo Wax afterwards for shaping. :euro:

Top Bottom