What's new

Vape Newbie Check-in and General Chat

You get this put together yet? How's it working?
Here is a picture

IMG_20170201_134502.jpg

@Prof. Moriarty asked me to stop by and introduce myself, so here I am! I used to be a really heavy smoker (2-3 packs a day), and after my eldest was born in '09 I quit smoking and started using snus. About a year later, I fell off the wagon and started smoking again, and after 2 months of dual use, I realized it wasn't a tenable situation and looked into something that simulated the hand to mouth and started vaping using a 510 cig-a-like. After getting sick of the horrible battery life I broke down and bought a Riva 510 and started DIYing my own juice, since it was too spendy with a young child to buy store bought juice. After a year or so, I went back to snus exclusively when my Riva went belly up.

Fast forward to 2014, and I started to get a hankering to look into vaping again, and found that the scene had exploded with new products, and 100w mods were now common place. I bought a dna30 clone and an Aspire tank, and a bottle of juice, and rapidly upgraded to an Ipv3li and TFV4 and started making my own juice again. At this point, I'm still Diying everything and making some for friends, and now daily drive an RX200 with a TFV8 and occasionally break out my dripbox 160, but I really need to get a better atty for that one, probably a velocity clone with the bottom feeder center pin, and I occasionally breakout my Provari Dragon with a Kayfun clone, handy when I'm not looking to chuck clouds,

Looking forward to getting to know all of you down here in the land of fog!

Well blow me smoke,
Never knew this was here but now I have found a place I will be posting here I was made to quit smoking 3 years ago in June due to heart attack and stroke but I still need my nic so I have been vaping since

Well blow me smoke,
Never knew this was here but now I have found a place I will be posting here I was made to quit smoking 3 years ago in June due to heart attack and stroke but I still need my nic so I have been vaping since
Welcome mate. Bit slow in this subforum but there are knowledgeable people.

Well blow me smoke,
Good to have you! The more we get the more active we may become. :thumbup:

Good to have you! The more we get the more active we may become. :thumbup:

Well I vape mix my own juice and I'm going to try to make my own coils just ordered a SMOK TFV8 THE BIG BABY BEAST
I have drippers but cannot get on with them while driving a truck

Well I vape mix my own juice and I'm going to try to make my own coils just ordered a SMOK TFV8 THE BIG BABY BEAST
I have drippers but cannot get on with them while driving a truck

The Smok TFV8 tanks are nice. I have a big baby, 2 baby tanks, and 3 cloud beasts. I like the full size TFV8 cloud beast the best, as I like the massive airflow, but all 3 perform very well. They will be much easier to use while driving for sure.

Building basic coils is pretty easy. I've don a few trickier ones, but they aren't necessary for flavor or cloud. I am actually using a "sleeper" build right now. 2 coils, one is 8 wraps of 22ga., and the other is 8 wraps of 24ga. It lets one side heat up just a fraction more than the other producing a bigger cloud, but still maintaining tons of flavor.

I haven't started making my own juice yet. I have an all day juice that I really like and it's really reasonable on pricing, so I just haven't bothered trying. Plus with my coil stuff, honing stones, and other tinkering crap, I don't have any room to do it haha.

Yep I have ordered the big baby and cloud beast both should be here tomorrow what wire do you use

I tried the RDTA section that comes with the cloud beast, but I was not impressed at all. It doesn't want to wick worth a darn. Stick to a dripper for builds.

As far as wire goes, I got a cheap pack off of ebay that had 10 different sizes in 100 foot rolls, then a 100 foot roll of .4mm flat wire. It's all kanthal.
The cheap wire doesn't last very long before it gets a metallic taste to it, but being new to making them, I wanted to see what I might like using and just have fun playing before I sunk a lot of money into it and had a bunch of stuff I wouldn't use.

Here's a couple that I have done.

20170108_123257.jpg

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

Impressive-looking builds right there.

I stick with small, simple, and cheap. My daily driver is a Pico with a Tobeco clone Kayfun Mini v3 with a single SS 1.8 Ohm coil, Jap cotton wick. I mostly mix unflavored DIY, but occasionally mix up tobacco flavored stuff.

After 4 years of not smoking, I'm at that point where I'm not chasing clouds or lusting after the newest toys. The last mod I bought was the Evic Dual just because I figured it would be useful and I ordered right before the Deeming Regs went official.

I continue to vape in order NOT to smoke. I find that 3mg at 10W is plenty to keep me satisfied and I can go a full day (up to 10ml) on one battery in a rig that's small and convenient. Every now and then I'll bust out a 150W with a dual-coil dripper just for the heck of it, but I'm just not drawn to high Watts.

Impressive-looking builds right there.

I stick with small, simple, and cheap. My daily driver is a Pico with a Tobeco clone Kayfun Mini v3 with a single SS 1.8 Ohm coil, Jap cotton wick. I mostly mix unflavored DIY, but occasionally mix up tobacco flavored stuff.

After 4 years of not smoking, I'm at that point where I'm not chasing clouds or lusting after the newest toys. The last mod I bought was the Evic Dual just because I figured it would be useful and I ordered right before the Deeming Regs went official.

I continue to vape in order NOT to smoke. I find that 3mg at 10W is plenty to keep me satisfied and I can go a full day (up to 10ml) on one battery in a rig that's small and convenient. Every now and then I'll bust out a 150W with a dual-coil dripper just for the heck of it, but I'm just not drawn to high Watts.

Thanks!

I've got one mod that I use every day. It's a Fuchai 213. Fits my hand nice and it isn't majorly huge and cumbersome. My main tank is either my cloud beast or lately it's been the new Sense tank that uses the same coil as the cloud beast.
I started vaping about 8 months ago and haven't smoked in 7. I came from pipe smoking mostly though, so the smaller units don't give me the volume that I am used to and enjoy. I'm not necessarily a cloud chaser, but I do like a decent amount of volume on my inhale. I use 3mg juice. I've tried the 0mg, but it actually takes something away from the flavors in the ones I've tried. Still haven't gotten around to making my own.

I started building more to waste some time and keep me occupied while I'm off work from a hip surgery.
Most of my builds I run at 50 to 70 watts, makes a nice cool inhale and a decent amount of vapor while retaining lot's of flavor. My preferred coil for my tanks is a 50-250 watt coil with a "best" range at 120-180. I still only run them around 90-110. Again, it keeps a nice balance of volume and flavor, but nice and cool.

Top Bottom