What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

I'm a huge fan as well. You will probably want to explore McClelland 2035 bulk sometime too.
I was looking at that and was wondering how close they were. The Dark Star sample I had was about 10 years old, so I think it will be one I want to get a fair amount of.

What logo is on your lighter?
1935 Varga Girl, it's a Zippos from early '90s I think ? I used to have several dozen zippos but have not found the box that has them yet
$IMAG1579.jpg

Dunhill Bruyere 3101 loaded with Milan Black Gold. Part of a sample pack, I didn't care for this tobacco. Pleasant room note, but too mild for my tastes.

$image.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Going through sample jars, I found two flakes of Stonehaven in a ziplock. I guess because they were in a ziplock in a jar (with other samples) it never developed the beautiful crystals, though they have to be 3 years old.

3 Nuns in the H.Cor RC

I can tell that this pipe is going to have an gorgeous marbling colorization.

proxy.php

After about 5 bowls or so, you can see the signs of a nice marble color coming through. It's even more noticeable in person.

I'm still breaking it in though, as the meerschaum dust taste hasn't completely gone away yet. That may be the downside of the RC design using meerschaum, as it's harder to "break in" the air chamber portion.

proxy.php

After about 5 bowls or so, you can see the signs of a nice marble color coming through. It's even more noticeable in person.

I'm still breaking it in though, as the meerschaum dust taste hasn't completely gone away yet. That may be the downside of the RC design using meerschaum, as it's harder to "break in" the air chamber portion.

That pipe is awesome :thumbup1: . Almost looks like you could put a stem in the bowl and smoke the air chamber side :lol:

Milan Triple Crown in my Peterson Killarney 221. A mild English blend. Side note, the garage was quite cold today.

$image.jpg

Last edited:
I've decided to stop wasting good tobacco during the break in period for my H.Cor meer. Until I've exorcised the meer dust and funkiness, I'm switching to Carter Hall. On the bright side, I've had this stupid box of Carter Hall sitting in my cellar for 2-3 years, and I've never felt the urge to reach for it before now. Is it weird that I've been smoking for 4-5 years and this is the first time I'm having CH?

So... Carter Hall in my H.Cor RC (and for the foreseeable future)

I've decided to stop wasting good tobacco during the break in period for my H.Cor meer. Until I've exorcised the meer dust and funkiness, I'm switching to Carter Hall. On the bright side, I've had this stupid box of Carter Hall sitting in my cellar for 2-3 years, and I've never felt the urge to reach for it before now. Is it weird that I've been smoking for 4-5 years and this is the first time I'm having CH?

So... Carter Hall in my H.Cor RC (and for the foreseeable future)

Not weird. I've never smoked Carter Hall, and with as much tobacco as I've laid in already, I doubt I ever will.

Top Bottom