What's new

Show Me Your Build

I'm sure I'm not the only one here that is wrapping their own coils. I'm curious to see what everyone else is making/using, and how they perform for cloud and flavor.

Here is the build I just did tonight. I took two pieces of .4mm flat wire and clapton'd them with 36ga nichrome. Then I twisted it together with a piece of 26ga nichrome. 5 wraps on a 3mm mandrel and it is reading at .29 on the ohm meter.
70 watts gives a nice cool vape and a lot of cloud, but it is lacking a little in the flavor department. Not sure if that is the build, or the cheap wire that I got. (It doesn't seem to last long.)

$DSC_0001.jpg

Flatwire Flapton SS. Single Coil, 3mm ID. Lovely build, really enjoying the Hadaly. Just need to get my squonker built and then we are in business.

$IMG_20170120_122615.jpg

Thanks Till for moving my thread. I feel like a complete idiot for having missed an entire stickied thread.....:a52:

There are some nice looking builds in here guys! Here is another I was playing around with. Pretty simple, just a twisted fused clapton.

$DSC_0003.jpg
$DSC_0005.jpg

There is a guy at my local vape shop that has been a real help and treated us pretty good. This one was made to his request. He wanted to test me I guess. :lol:

I will admit, it was a little (lot) bit frustrating getting everything lined up in this one. 6 pieces of .4 flat wire stacked, framed with 2 pieces of 26ga round wire, claptoned in 34ga, and twisted.
So here is my first twisted frame staple coil.

$DSC_0007.jpg

Looks good mate :thumbup1:

Thank you sir! I was all excited to try out the twisted frame staple, but the dang thing just slightly rubs on the barrel of my Cyclon. It's 26mm, the biggest RDA I have... I think putting the twist in it was what made it take up all that extra room, but that's what the mad ordered. :laugh: I am going to take them up to the shop and put them in his Buddha. It has a lot more room.

Since I'm just sitting around recovering from surgery, I have a lot of free time on my hands. Now I just need more wire...

Thank you sir! I was all excited to try out the twisted frame staple, but the dang thing just slightly rubs on the barrel of my Cyclon. It's 26mm, the biggest RDA I have... I think putting the twist in it was what made it take up all that extra room, but that's what the mad ordered. :laugh: I am going to take them up to the shop and put them in his Buddha. It has a lot more room.

Since I'm just sitting around recovering from surgery, I have a lot of free time on my hands. Now I just need more wire...

I just stick to Flatwire SS 22AWG, Flat Sixty 22AWG, or their Flattened Clapton SS. Nice clouds, and flavour.

I just stick to Flatwire SS 22AWG, Flat Sixty 22AWG, or their Flattened Clapton SS. Nice clouds, and flavour.

I'm actually vaping on a 24g with 8 wraps on a 3mm right now. Really basic, but it works. I started the more exotics just because I was bored, but I don't think I'll do them much after I get back to work. I do find that the flat wire builds do give a lot of flavor though.

I'm actually vaping on a 24g with 8 wraps on a 3mm right now. Really basic, but it works. I started the more exotics just because I was bored, but I don't think I'll do them much after I get back to work. I do find that the flat wire builds do give a lot of flavor though.
Well bigger SA and still nice low resistance. Love the stuff, only thing I don't love is the price. But still cheaper than buying coils :lol:

Well bigger SA and still nice low resistance. Love the stuff, only thing I don't love is the price. But still cheaper than buying coils :lol:

It most definitly is. Main reason I started building. There are 2 of us in the house I'm buying coils for, but I have 2 RDA's now, and we both have the TFV8 tanks with the RBA decks. So hopefully, I won't be buying many more. :w00t:

Thanks! I wish I could have gotten the ribbon wire to line up a little better. Just for looks reasons, doesn't bother the performance either way.

This is nothing fancy. Single 0.5 ohm coil, 26G Kanthal, on the dual coil Kennedy. Bacon Cotton wrapped to semi cover the huge air vents both sides. I'm not a big fan of wide air flow.
IMG_3095.JPG
IMG_3096.JPG

IMG_3097.JPG
As a side note; My Mech is purely my day off vape. At home, cup of coffee and a good book/movie.

I use a Dagger Regulated with Coilart Mage twin coil RTA other days, and Kanger Topbox for out and about. Both wicked with a slightly longer version of the Pancake in each. An amazing Wick!

Thanks! Just had a quick look online. They seem ok.

Yes, overall, I'm a single coil guy. Been looking for a single coil RDA for some time.

Top Bottom